Interior lights for HAWK

XJINTX

I just watched a couple YouTube videos on the newer FWC models. I have a 2015 Hawk with switched top lights inside that have LED inserts. Under counter lights on mine are LED strips.These newer models have LED strip lights on top. I can't "really" tell from the videos but the strips look brighter?

Does anyone have first hand knowledge? If they are brighter does anyone know if I can switch? My dealer has closed so I can't ask there. After input here... I may contact FWC to buy replacements.

XJINTX said:
I just watched a couple YouTube videos on the newer FWC models. I have a 2015 Hawk with switched top lights inside that have LED inserts. Under counter lights on mine are LED strips.These newer models have LED strip lights on top. I can't "really" tell from the videos but the strips look brighter?

Does anyone have first hand knowledge? If they are brighter does anyone know if I can switch? My dealer has closed so I can't ask there. After input here... I may contact FWC to buy replacements.
My Hawk is older and had incandescent bulbs. The new LED's i put in are almost TOO bright. You mention "inserts" - as in, LED's in a fluourescent fixture? Maybe you can get brighter ones?

Look for the K value in the light you a considering. A 3500k light is not as harsh as a 4000k or 5000k. 5000k is a very bright white color, where the 3500k is more like a incandescent. Your local Home Depot might have a display of different LED bulbs and you can see the difference that way. Don't worry about voltage or how many watts/lumens just look at the color to get an idea of what that number means. The color is how your eye perceives the object you look at when illuminated by the light. Hope this helps, our camper lights have a soft color led on the first light on, with a higher k number when the second lamp is powered. Not sure I'm 100% happy with it that way but it allows both soft and bright light when needed.

Russ

FWC parts dept. sent me some LED strip lights that can be dimmed. Call them for anything you need.

530-419-2426
800-242-1442

Back
Top Bottom