Is my All Terrain Ocelot considered hard sided or not.

If you keep the top down it's a hard side; if up and inside, you're between a rock and a hard place.

This message will be deleted. If anyone tries to quote me I'll simply deny it.

My experience with the local National Forests, including the Beaverhead-Deerlodge, Custer-Gallatin, and Caribou-Targhee, is that your camper is considered hard sided while the top is down and soft sided while the top is up. Anytime we camp in these areas, all food goes inside the cab of the truck. The only place the rule is actually enforced is in the campgrounds, and even then at the discretion of the camp host who may let you stay if you keep the top down. But, it is in your own best interest to not sleep with your food in bear country. I have no doubt a bear would have zero trouble getting inside our Fleet or your Ocelot if so inclined.

We have never had any questions on whether hard or soft sided but then we rarely stay in campgrounds. If you really want to improve your security get one of these: https://bearwatchsystems.com/

This (or systems like it) is what we commonly used in wilderness and other areas in griz country for camps.

Sleddog said:
. . . Anytime we camp in these areas, all food goes inside the cab of the truck.
. . . I have no doubt a bear would have zero trouble getting inside our Fleet or your Ocelot if so inclined.
What do you do with refrigerated and frozen items?

A grizzly will have no problem getting into any RV made; there are videos of them tearing open car doors.

JaSAn said:
What do you do with refrigerated and frozen items?
We keep it simple and lightweight, so there is no refrigerator. We use coolers, easy to move around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom