Is there a new slide lube instead of ptroleum jelly?

Jim in Idaho

I've got a 10' non-cabover mounted on a heavy-duty utility trailer. Great rig that I've owned for over 20 years. I just added a 150 watt solar panel on an adjustable mount. The whole thing weighs about 45 lbs, and is mounted on the front end of the camper. I'm having some problems raising the top evenly, and noticed I need to clean and lube the slides. Just wondering if the recommend lube is still petroleum jelly, or if Alaskan is now using a more modern lubrication. Many thanks for any help.
Jim

I’d look for a good silicon lube for the slides, but it might be good to check with Alaskan to see if there is a better product.

Hi Jim in Idaho:

I've been using the following on my 10' cabover:

DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant, 14-Ounce

You can get it from amazon....it is a dry lubricant and doesn't grease up the tracks and attract dirt.

All the best.

I use Maxxima aerosol motorcycle chain wax for a lot of applications like that, but don't own an Alaskan so I'm curious to see what owners actually use.

Many thanks, Pop. I was wondering if anybody had tried a teflon lube. I'm going to call Alaskan in the morning and see what they say. I'll post back after the call.
Sagebrush, I'm not familiar with the silicon lubes...will look into that.
Jim

I use the silicone one, RVcare Slide-Out. Never tried petroleum jelly though.

I've been using petroleum jelly for decades. White lithium, or any other grease is, like the pet jelly, a big dirt magnet. I'm hoping the teflon works as well, and won't attract dirt, being dry.
Jim

Not being a dirt magnet is why I use the chain wax in places like this. Just no idea if it will work there or not.

I use Tri-Flow spray. Hold a paper towel between the jack and the wall to prevent overspray, and then wipe down around entire tube surfaces with same paper towel. Not greasy and slides smooth.

Back
Top Bottom