Is there a way to tell the difference in year models of FWC's ?

Buckshot62

Advanced Member
I am looking at a Grandby that has 2 tone brown stripes and a house type door knob. They say it is an 89 model. Do stripe colors indicate year models or could you get any color any year?What years did they use house type knobs? Latch types ?Thanks for any help
Wes

Have you asked Four Wheel Campers about their model differences?
I don't know for sure...but seems like they'd have a record of changes/appearances of their products over the years.

Marc :When I bought my first FWC they didn't seem too interested to answer that question.Kilroy : have you tried to look up a serial number on older campers ? My 86 fleet (black and silver stripes ) has a pull latch door handle.( it has 1986 hand engraved on the outside plate ).The 89 Grandby im looking at has a house door handle.Its 175 miles away from me and I am trying to decide if they know what they have.A lot of people that have campers for sale have no clue what year they have.

Oh boy. I do remember some of the hand engraved plates. I guess they are hard to read nowadays, if they are even on the campers still.

Stan do the stripe colors have anything to do with year models? Its a clean camper but I don't think it is an 89.Im computer illiterate, I will see if the wife can put a pic on here. I have them in my e mail. thanks

Thanks to Stan for looking at the pics and giving me an approximate year model.Does anyone have a clue if the colored stripes have anything to do with year models? What year did they change door handles? Maybe we should start a pic thread showing the differences in year models? Surely I am not the only one interested in the older models. Thanks again Stan.

Back
Top Bottom