Is This My Bad?

See that's my issue with the "tents" only camping spot.
If there is a parking pad for the tenters vehicle and they happen to drive a "pickup"
why can't I use the site and park my "pickup" on that pad.
Now I can understand taking a "walk in" tent parking spot,that's a no no.
Oh well I am not pushing the issue.
I do find that using a tent only spot in Oregon SPs isn't a problem or at least not so far.
Frank

We were looking for a campground north of Cody near Clark’s Fork Canyon. Clark’s Fork Canyon was not a good choice due to an approaching storm and it is an area of high winds with no place to hide. There was a sign at a bar/restaurant nearby indicating camping was available. We were told that even though we were self contained and had a smaller footprint, we could not camp in the tent area but had to pay $50 for an RV site. I guess we are an RV but don’t consider ourselves RVers as Class As and Cs plus trailers and fifth wheels are that are much larger and usually don’t can’t/don’t go where we do. We politely declined and spent the night in a gravel pit nearby.

On Cape Cod Coast Guard beach way down at the tip... I was told the thedford is fine BUT... what stopped me was there has to be a tank to handle grey water equal to the tank of fresh water. It has to be stock equipment. (I had considered taking out my 20 gallon fresh water and putting in two 10 gallons for each.... but nope... strict rules.... and frankly I'd rather it be too strict than too loose... I've seen the results of that.

There is a state campground on the Washington coast that has RVs on one side of the road and tent sites with a parking spot for each tent site. We, in our Hallmark pop up, stayed at the tent site. It was on the water side of the campground for easier access to ocean. We don’t like to stay at RV parks, only last choice if dispersed or public campgrounds aren’t available. An employee stopped by in the morning to tell us it was for tent campers only and if his boss knew we spent the night…. Grayland, I think was the state park.
I’m the same, I prefer tent sites when travelling and everywhere I’ve been so far hasn’t given me any grief about it. I’ll pick an RV spot for something different or if I just want a quick getaway nearby at a nice spot. If tent sites start limiting things I’d have to go quite a bit further away to get good BLM sites.

On Cape Cod Coast Guard beach way down at the tip... I was told the thedford is fine BUT... what stopped me was there has to be a tank to handle grey water equal to the tank of fresh water. It has to be stock equipment. (I had considered taking out my 20 gallon fresh water and putting in two 10 gallons for each.... but nope... strict rules.... and frankly I'd rather it be too strict than too loose... I've seen the results of that.
I can appreciate having rules and sticking with it, it’s their park after all and I love nature and cleanliness. Bolsa tends to have homeless try to stay in the bathrooms at night so they lock them up at 10pm and don’t want rVers relieving themselves outside etc.. The rule you mention does seem too anal retentive, but once again gotta respect it. I just felt like Bolsa wasn’t clear about their own rules and and I was given the sort end of the stick. Oh well, lesson learned, have a backup plan lol.

Back
Top Bottom