Isotherm 2 Way Help

Oakleyrossi

Advanced Member
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. Looking for a little help from someone who may have been experiencing the same issue or something similar. We have a 2 way 65L Isotherm Fridge that has been great to us so far. Just put the camper back on from winter storage and having some issues with the fridge. Seems to work just fine under shore power but will not start up when under battery power. Everything else in the camper is working and getting power, checked (and replaced) fuses but still can't get it to fire up. My best check with a meter seems to say everything is getting power but honestly there is not a lot of room in the rear to check everything behind the fridge. Before I really dive into the rear I thought I would see if anyone might have any insight before this becomes a full on project. Electrical is not my specialty.

Does the light come on with the door open? The light is just 12V so it should be tied directly to the 12 V input to the fridge. If no light, suspect a 12 V wiring to the fridge problem. I installed a high efficiency 12 V fan to come on when the fridge comes on.The wiring for this was easy to get to if you remove the upper vent cover (at least on my 2015 Fleet FD with fridge on passenger side).

Don't hesitate to give Isotherm a call: https://www.indelwebastomarine.com/us/
I had a thermostat go bad. They were very helpful and sent me a new thermostat Actually, they made a shipping error and sent two.Told me to keep both so if anyone needs a thermostat, email me.

Thanks Stan. Yeah no light when not on shore power; light on with shore power. I have the two 12V batteries set up. I have a 2019 hawk, actually purchased through you, Thanks for the help. I guess I just need to start checking wires and see where the things might have gone wrong.

Vic, yes everything is on and double and triple checked to make sure I went missing something stupid (which I have been know to do at times :) ). Batteries are at full power, everything else seems to be working. I didn't get a chance to dive in behind it yet but looks like a project for tomorrow

Can you get a voltage reading close to the fridge? On some campers there's a terminal strip for the 12VDC power on the 'floor' of the fridge cabinet that can be accessed thru the lower vent opening.

I was able to get in the back from the top vent and was figured out the positive and negative for the power supply from the battery and I am getting super inconsistent readings.It started to rain so I had so shut the process down but it seems I may have at least a start. How and where those wires are going back into the camper seems like the next lead.

Back
Top Bottom