Isotherm Cruise EL65 Fridge

deethe

Advanced Member
I ordered the 3-way refer with the Hawk but found the door latch to be lacking and leveling the truck inconvenient so I swapped it for this 12 volt only Isotherm with Smart Energy controller that monitors battery state of charge.

I took 1/4" off each side of the cabinet to fit, plugged the gas line and 1-1/4" hole for the 120V cord.

I ordered my fridge from defenders online with a free smart controller and then bought a flange kit from isotherm-parts online. The silver door looks stock with the silver spur interior!

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 141
The smart energy controller looks great. I hope yours was pre-installed. I watched the video below on how to install it. Love how she just cut wires and did not mark any first.

Wow, I want one. Thats some pretty significant energy savings. Although its not inexpensive at $140. As for the wires she cut it looks like those are no longer used.

craig333 said:
Wow, I want one. Thats some pretty significant energy savings. Although its not inexpensive at $140. As for the wires she cut it looks like those are no longer used.
In the $140 cost lies the problem with this and MPPT controllers. For $140 I can add another 100 watt solar panel a 100% increase much more than I can save with the smart controller or MPPT solar controller.

Although with it I may not need the extra solar. My batteries are very happy now that the fridge is off for the season. With that maybe I wouldn't need to turn it off seasonally? Or set out the extra panel. Lots of considerations.

Of course ideally I'd add the smart controller and mppt controller and another panel!

not factory installed, would make more sense but the install went smooth with the pre marked locations to drill the holes on the elegance line. (i'd put a coldplate ASU model on my spaceship)

i'll take the extra 100watts with an mppt and smart controller and contemplate the cost later...! roof squarer footage limits the PV capacity so any ogther savings is beneficial

Back
Top Bottom