Just ordered my FWC Fleet! Have couple questions for y'all.

Advmoto18 said:
I actually have a step-stool in my kitchen (can't reach top cabinets. Never let a tall friend help you unpack your kitchen....)

I'll probably bring that along for the camper, although considering looking into one of those heavy duty dog ramps I saw on the thread here about steps for camper.

IMAG6959.jpg

hoyden said:
I actually have a step-stool in my kitchen (can't reach top cabinets. Never let a tall friend help you unpack your kitchen....)

I'll probably bring that along for the camper, although considering looking into one of those heavy duty dog ramps I saw on the thread here about steps for camper.

IMAG6959.jpg
I have the Rubbermaid stoo as well. The problem I see with the stool pictured is that you have to get over the 'grab handle' on top and I expect it would trip me up getting in or out of the camper unless I turned it sideways. I'm lucky though, since I have an Aluminess rear bumper and it acts as a third step.

Stalking Light said:
I have the Rubbermaid stoo as well. The problem I see with the stool pictured is that you have to get over the 'grab handle' on top and I expect it would trip me up getting in or out of the camper unless I turned it sideways. I'm lucky though, since I have an Aluminess rear bumper and it acts as a third step.
Oh, that's a good point! I hadn't thought of that. I am wondering tho if the feet in stools might sink into soft soil and thus necessitate a more solid-form step?

hoyden said:
I am wondering tho if the feet in stools might sink into soft soil and thus necessitate a more solid-form step?
Is this soft enough for you?
With its big feet the rubbermaid worked great...me, I fell in twice.
Made in the USA
You can't go wrong.

WOwue8f.jpg

hoyden, I notice you have a height challenged dog friend....maybe you need one of these?

hbLcLIp.jpg

Works great for humans also.

rotti said:
hoyden, I notice you have a height challenged dog friend....maybe you need one of these?

<snip>

Works great for humans also.
That's exactly what I was picturing! Puglsy and I would like that. She is indeed height-challenged!
Does it fit slide in on the floor of camper? How / where does it store?

Stalking Light said:
Yep, take two steps and you had 6" platform shoes that weighed 10# each. Hard work for an old man when you had to get up at night to use the john. :unsure:
That is how I fell in.
I converted a water bottle for that activity.

hoyden, It is a Petstep and it folds in half and fits perfectly on the floor of my Hawk. It has a rubber coated tread for traction.
Link:
http://www.petstep.com

rotti said:
That is how I fell in.
I converted a water bottle for that activity.

hoyden, It is a Petstep and it folds in half and fits perfectly on the floor of my Hawk. It has a rubber coated tread for traction.
Link:
http://www.petstep.com
Messy Expo! I almost went, but tent camping looked cold. Glad I didn't! This next year, I'll be there in my Fleet! Yay!

Thanks for the link! Cool!

hoyden said:
Messy Expo! I almost went, but tent camping looked cold. Glad I didn't! This next year, I'll be there in my Fleet! Yay!

Thanks for the link! Cool!
The OX-West motorcyclists tent camping didn't let the wx dampen or freeze thier spirits (both literally and figuretively). Yet, they were camping on grass, under the trees and not out in the once dry lake bed. They partied well into the night. I got up the next morning and witnessed plenty empty distilled spirit bottles on picnic tables. Not sure if they were slpeeing in due to cold and snow or other reasons.

Rotti...
Where does your Rotti sleep in the Hawk?

I have 2 black labs. No where for both of them to comfortably sleep in the camper. Therefore, I bought an OzTent Jet F25 tent. Oz Tent makes an adpater that slides into the FMC Hawk's sail track. The adapter then zips to the tent's awning creating a covered space between the back of the camper and the tent 8' away. Yes, adds weight and complexity to what I know carry, but, my girls have to tag along, so we had to find a way accmmodate them. The packed up tent fits nicely on the camper's floor. It's a big tent for a dog house, but, I'm sure we will find other uses for the tent.

Advmoto18 said:
Rotti...
Where does your Rotti sleep in the Hawk?
Anywhere she wants :)
This bed just fits on the floor of the Hawk, no complaints from her near as I can tell:

WDMOolG.jpg

My Fleet is scheduled to be installed on my Tacoma in a week and a day! I'm SO excited!

I have a little pile of stuff to put inside of it right off - First Aid Kit, blue tooth speaker for musics, salt and pepper packets....

Back
Top Bottom