Just ordered my Ocelot!

Congratulations!

Looking forward to photos.

I would like to see some interior photos, I know it is just a shell, but I am interested in the ATC shells interior.

Congratulations!

Looking forward to photos.

I would like to see some interior photos, I know it is just a shell, but I am interested in the ATC shells interior.

Overland, Here are a few interior shots. For options I ordered the driver's side large window, the small rear window and the pull out bed extension. Plus porch lights on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 408
Overland, Here are a few interior shots. For options I ordered the driver's side large window, the small rear window and the pull out bed extension. Plus porch lights on both sides.

Thanks for the interior photos!

Here's a battery experiment. Having the shell model, I expect to use my battery only for lights. I converted to LED lighting that I got from Jay Aronow. I really wanted to keep the battery out of the camper and in the bed of the truck, yet out of the way. I'm giving this 18 amp/hr. battery a try. It fit very easily to the wall of my bed, forward of the wheel well. It is very light so securing was simple. I have three outside lights and the four bulbs on the inside. With the LED's, even if I was burning all seven at once (not likely), I'd only be using .52 amps/hr. This battery with all lights on would last about 35 hours!

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 358
I know I am a lot more utilitarian than many others. I do most of my camping outside, just the sleeping inside. This is a light weight but very heavy duty shelf I mounted into my shell model Ocelot. It has unlimited bungey cord points and can be easily removed. It fits perfectly the extra bed pads that came with the bed pull out option. This shelf can carry heavy items safely and becomes a couch/table/stove counter once in camp. behind the shelf, up against the wall, up to the window height, this shelf holds in place a 1/4 ply piece of wood to protect the nice paneling that came with the ATC.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 377
Gene,Ann ...

Congrats on your new rig. ATC makes one fine camper. I think I might have seen U heading N. on 395 Dec. 28th. I was S. bound after spending xmas in Mammoth. Let the memories continue.

marc

So what the heck is a Ocelot?
Went to the ATC site and failed to see any reference to said camper.
Also does anyone know if ATC will be at the Sportsman show in Denver this weekend? I know FWC, Phoenix and others will be. Would nice for a side by side comparison.

Gene,Ann ...

Congrats on your new rig. ATC makes one fine camper. I think I might have seen U heading N. on 395 Dec. 28th. I was S. bound after spending xmas in Mammoth. Let the memories continue.

marc

Hey Marc,

Yes that was us!

Gene

So what the heck is a Ocelot?
Went to the ATC site and failed to see any reference to said camper.
Also does anyone know if ATC will be at the Sportsman show in Denver this weekend? I know FWC, Phoenix and others will be. Would nice for a side by side comparison.

Hi Rotti,
The All Terrain Campers Ocelot is made for a full sized short bed truck. It is several inches narrower than Our Panther model so it doesn't extend as far over the bed rails as the Panther. However as you might expect the space between the wheel wells is the same for both the Ocelot and the Panther. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I chose the Ocelot for lower wind resistance and narrower width which is handy in brushy areas such as Kofa National Wildlife Refuge. As I have the shell version, I have so much interior space, a few inches less makes no drawback. The lighter weight is nice as well (though the Dodge doesn't even notice the fully loaded camper).

Here's a few pictures from a recent trip.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_4085.jpg
    IMG_4085.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 359
I converted to LED lighting that I got from Jay Aronow.

Jay, What kind of lighting do you carry, I don't see anything about LED's on your site?

Seems most are just bulbs for other fixtures, seeing much in the way of LED specific fixtures worth looking at (I'm done some looking but not a ton yet).

Back
Top Bottom