JUST WHAT I NEEDED

the fisherman

Big Time
Some of you who have followed the Tow Missile saga will remember that at 32000 mi. my E4od transmission failed, it wasn't unexpected, these boxes were designed to shift softly and that's accomplished with a lot of slip in the clutch pack which causes a lot of heat , something no transmission likes. I decided not to rebuild the box I had and go for a B.D. box with a billet torque converter along with an electronic lock out module. It was a good idea I've been real happy with the way this thing works, it's tough and will handle everything I can throw at it , but it wasn't cheap and I want it to last a long time. A while back I started to source parts for an external filter, I needed braided hoses brackets a filter housing etc. well, I never did put it all together and along the line I found this from Dieselsite, $179.00, nice parts and in an hour and a half it was installed. This is an interesting co. with the kind of parts that I think are useful, I also got from them a high volume oil pump for my 7.3 just in case those rocker arms aren't getting enough oil, and that might just be the case. They also make parts for the Cummings, check them out. www.dieselsite.com

Attachments

• tfik.gif
    tfik.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 149
No, I don't think I can we popped the hood and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get comfortable enough. But with increased oil pressure these injectors will finally give me the torque and HP increase that expected in the first place, the stock pump won't give enough pressure to get the injectors to fuel properly. It's kind of a job to replace and I haven't had the time, we're going to be stuck home for the next few days do to weather, so I would like to get it done, I know this thing is going to run much better and quieter.

Mr. Pueblo, by chance have you been out wine tasting today?

Salty,
Since I found out I was diabetic it Hornitos exclusively for me! But thanks for the kind words.

Back
Top Bottom