Keystone - Crack in Board

steveh

My wife and I just bought a 1980's Keystone. It is in generally good condition except there is a crack, about a foot long, in one of the wooden boards in front holding up the top. Just curious if the boards are the only stuctures holding up the popped top and what should be done. Thanks.

Steve

My wife and I just bought a 1980's Keystone. It is in generally good condition except there is a crack, about a foot long, in one of the wooden boards in front holding up the top. Just curious if the boards are the only stuctures holding up the popped top and what should be done. Thanks.

Steve

Steveh,

The folding panels at the front and rear of the camper are the only structures holding up the roof in the raised position. When I bought my '98 Grandby used, the board were delaminating and falling apart. All they are is two pieces of 1/8" or slightly thicker plywood with either a woodgrain or white laminate applied to the face. If your handy you could probably replace them yourself. The only trick is the spring loaded hinges which can be a real bear!

Good luck!

Rick

not that hard to do, once you have done one :rolleyes: If I can help you drop me a email

keystone panel

The panel is a piece of 5/32" wood panel with a vynil covering. You can pick up some at any Home Depot or Lowes in your area.

A few folks have replaced one on this forum and have some great ideas on how to do it.

If you need any help, just give us a call when you get a chance.

Thanks for the information, recommendations, and offers of help. I will take a close look at the thread started by BenG on his project and see what is involved.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom