Lance 650

I'm thinking about going to the Lance 650 from a 2005 4WC Eagle.

What are your general thought so far about the 650?
Construction quality: Interior/frame/exterior/etc.
Ease of install/removal
How does it do on Forest Service and other similar roads?
How well does it seem like heater works and how well does it hold heat once heated? or cooled

I don't do any serious off roading I am just looking for something that is a quality camper and will hold up well to frequent use in snowy and cold environments.

I'm also open to other camper makes and models:
Needs to work with 2011 Tacoma; weight and fit.
Hard shell.
Vented heat and good insulation.
Good quality.

After much research I have decided to have a custom built Bundutec. They offer several options, both hard side and pop-up. They have a smoking deal on a demo pop-up but I decided against it because of the weight (I didn't want to make the necessary truck mods for carrying that much weight full time) so they came up with a viable alternative by offering to build a custom to meet my exact needs. They have been great to work with and seem to build a quality product for a fair price. Overall I think it is a great value. If you are honest about how you will use the camper, Rory will make sure you get what you need.

www.bundutecUSA.com

Dry weight of the Lance 650 is stated at 1639 Lbs which I believe is at or over the Tacoma GVRW. The buyers guide is putting wet weight nearing 2500 Lbs. I would look elsewhere .......

Agreed. Have a Lance 650 on a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. 2000 pounds plus. Neither I nor a reputable dealer would ever put a 650 on a Tacoma. It was a big weight change from the FWC Hawk I used to have. Four Wheel Camper was better off road for both clearance and weight. But the 650 is better for comfort, visibility, showers and normal camper features. Can't have both worlds unfortunately.

https://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/Colorado-Vacation-82016/i-CC6Txr5/A

https://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/Death-Valley-2012/i-NFLMH6W/A

Back
Top Bottom