Last Man Out

Darryla

Well I did try to put a picture up, but my photo's appear to be too large. Anyway, I went fishing over by Markleeville this weekend and saw a fellow Four Wheel camped right near me. It was pretty early and I did not want to wake them so we kept on going west over hi-way 4. The fun part is that as we were heading up Ebbett's
pass grade it started to snow. To make a long story short, as we came down towards Alpine Lake the road was already closed. The snow plow driver was waiting on the other side of the gate and got out and opened the gate for us. The whole ride was really fun and we caught some fish too.

Darryl

brag brag brag
rolleyes.gif

man oh man whre are the pics?

brag brag brag
rolleyes.gif

man oh man whre are the pics?

Camping? Snow? Lakes? Fish?
Where's the proof?

Must be one of those "the one that got away" stories... :D

I have tried a few times to upload pictures, but it says my files are too large. I guess I need to contact Dirty Dog as I am too stupid to figure it out. Sorry.

Darryl

The attached picture is me feeding the birds up on California's North Coast.

Attachments

• Picture 415.jpg
    Picture 415.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 147
Ok, with the help of Casa Escarlata Robles Too, I have attached my first picture in my previous post. I will now down load more pictures from my camera and prove to MarkBC that my stories are for real.

Regards,

Darryl

Ok, for the non-believers here are a couple of pictures of Mosquito Lakes and the Caltran's guy opening the gete for us to get out.

Darryl

Attachments

• IMG_0444A.JPG
    IMG_0444A.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 178
Ok, for the non-believers here are a couple of pictures of Mosquito Lakes and the Caltran's guy opening the gete for us to get out.

Darryl

I'm a believer now, Darryl! I'm happy to see you got the photo thing figured out.

Has anyone here ever gotten locked in a road or campground? One place in East Texas, state park, forgot to tell us the combination and that the place was locked until 8 am. I was kind of unhappy as I had to back a trailer 1/4 mile or so. Last month on our way back from Newfoundland we were staying at a closed provincial park near the ferry (they shut everything off but don't seem to mind if you boondock). Only problem was they decided to cut the road with a backhoe for some new pipes, we escaped in the nick of time. No picture but here is a shot by the campground, hurricane Igor kicked up the winds.
1085555404_BUEbK-S.jpg

One day heading back I came across a couple trees across the only road out. I couldn’t figure out why someone would do this until I looked the base of the trees to figure out a beaver felled them.

Has anyone here ever gotten locked in a road or campground? One place in East Texas, state park, forgot to tell us the combination and that the place was locked until 8 am. I was kind of unhappy as I had to back a trailer 1/4 mile or so. Last month on our way back from Newfoundland we were staying at a closed provincial park near the ferry (they shut everything off but don't seem to mind if you boondock). Only problem was they decided to cut the road with a backhoe for some new pipes, we escaped in the nick of time. No picture but here is a shot by the campground, hurricane Igor kicked up the winds.
1085555404_BUEbK-S.jpg

Darryl

Nice pictures Darryl.Glad the fix worked for you.Hope to see more from the trip.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom