LB to Palomar Mt to Henshaw and back

d tree's

Camp set up Palomar SP , very nice mild spring weather , we were there for two days and only two other groups there , I love this time of year !

1_zps87c015bd.jpg

2_zpsd143cce7.jpg

Doans pond up close and from the ridge , saw a coluple Gadwall ducks and a wood duck there my cell couldnt get good shots of them. also lots of wild turkeys and deer

3_zps0b30fc37.jpg

4_zpse2d6ff38.jpg

While me and River were up there we came across some forrest service cabins and a patch of snow .
6_zpsd726663d.jpg

7_zps67df58cb.jpg

10_zpsb2c14c4f.jpg

5_zpsc541e69a.jpg

I can only imagine how cool of a job this must of been !

I really liked the place , they were real easy on me about the dog which is not easy these days , Ranger was a looker and very nice no picture though .

day 3
Left for Henshaw to go see if the Crappie bite was on , no not yet but will be back soon !
Henshaw overlook .
9_zpsd31ab688.jpg

photo-1_zps32be7f94.jpg

left there for Julian to get a pie for home and saw some locals .

photo-1_zpsdc415098.jpg

1_zps1c4206f3.jpg

Had a great relaxing trip , hopefully take off up north in a couple weeks or maybe Henshaw for those Crappie , D

Good memories. I backpacked Palomar several times when I lived in San Diego in the late seventies/ early eighties. Thanks for taking me back.

Bring back old memories. That's my old home town. I was stationed at Palomar in 75 and at the Henshaw station the following year. Spent many nights camping, hiking & fishing in my youth. Grew up just over the hill in Chihuahua Valley.
Thanks for the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom