Let's make truck camping great again...Camping the Owyhees

Grand Whazoo

Court Jester
Let's make truck camping great again, sorry, it had to be said. Blame it on endless news and my swooning head, not in a good way. You know, like that full bottle of Yellowtail Moscato caught up with you leaving your mouth sour and head feeling like you have dain bramage. In light of it all I need another camp trip like right now...but posting a trip report will have to do me.

The Whazoos' Magical Mystery Tour

Grand Whazoo said:
Let's make truck camping great again, sorry, it had to be said. Blame it on endless news and my swooning head, not in a good way. You know, like that full bottle of Yellowtail Moscato caught up with you leaving your mouth sour and head feeling like you have dain bramage. In light of it all I need another camp trip like right now...but posting a trip report will have to do me.

The Whazoos' Magical Mystery Tour
Dave, glad to see another post. They are always inspiring. Thanks for sharing. jd

Thanks for the report. One of these days I will get down there for an in depth trip along with exploring the Bruneau and Jarbridge drainages.

Thanks for the warm replies guys, I appreciate it beyond words coming from the cream of the truck camper trip report crop. My trip report mojo is fading but at least I'm in a good state, Idaho state of mind.

I woke up this morning and told my dogs that Trump was the new president and the whole world was in shock, both good and bad. Little Bailey jumped up, begging for food. Duke laid down and did what male dogs do, licked himself. Ah, it's refreshing to be shown what's really important in life. It's going to be a good day after all.

Cheers to everyone, let's make truck camping great again...as if it never wasn't. (Huh?)

(This is not a political opinion, just an observation that our pets can teach us life lessons. Too bad I have to learn them over and over again. Excuse me now, I have to go find my ball...)

Grand Whazoo said:
Thanks for the warm replies guys, I appreciate it beyond words coming from the cream of the truck camper trip report crop. My trip report mojo is fading but at least I'm in a good state, Idaho state of mind.

I woke up this morning and told my dogs that Trump was the new president and the whole world was in shock, both good and bad. Little Bailey jumped up, begging for food. Duke laid down and did what male dogs do, licked himself. Ah, it's refreshing to be shown what's really important in life. It's going to be a good day after all.

Cheers to everyone, let's make truck camping great again...as if it never wasn't. (Huh?)

(This is not a political opinion, just an observation that our pets can teach us life lessons. Too bad I have to learn them over and over again. Excuse me now, I have to go find my ball...)
Great post,thank you Grand Whazoo.
Yes the sun did come up this morning.
Camp on.
Frank

Thank you Hoyden, I'll hope it didn't take you too long to get thru my trip report, it's just like the last one, and the one before that. Have a good day down there in Arizona.

ski3pin said:
The Court Jester is back! :)
Ouch, that hurts.
Sorry, I just got a splinter in my hand. I'm taking on-line lessons in replacing wooden shovel handles, I'm digging it. Now what's that about a Jester? Thanks Ski, I'll hope you have a great day as well, camping about the west.

Oh, yes, the Owyhees. We have only been there once but will return soon. Maybe next fall? I, too feel the great sadness at pioneer cemeteries. We have even camped near two in Nevada. Our pioneer ancestors were a very hardy bunch, especially those who mined and ranched. I really enjoyed this trip and hope to see what you saw although not in your unique way. Always enjoyable and informative. We make our pups an integral part of our camping experience, also.

Dave;
As usual, having too much fun!!
Always enjoy your reports, and the antics of the furry kids!! Oh Yeah! Say HI to the real Boss!!
"She who is to be obeyed"!!

Ahoy Judy! I'm glad to see you're still clicking about. We have a lot in common incl the way we see the great outdoors, with awe and appreciation. The rest is just fluff lol. Thanks Judy!!

Howdy there Slickrock, with a handle like yours we could make a great Western movie, cept Grand Whazoo doesn't quite fit does it hah?! Thanks there Steve, good riding to ya!

Back
Top Bottom