Loading Bobcat onto first gen tundra

ctrippy

Advanced Member
Anyone know if jack mount extenders are needed to load a Bobcat onto a first gen Tundra with factory fender fairs? Also, previous owner had a hawk on the truck, I’d assume the mounting locations would be compatible with the Bobcat? Bobcat is coming off a 3rd gen Tacoma, so might need longer turnbuckles? Any insight would be awesome as I’m trying to pickup a camper, but obviously All Terrain is closed until Monday.

I think you might need the extenders.
I have a Bobcat on a 1st gen Tundra with flares
but my camper doesn't have corner jacks.
It has to be loaded/unloaded with the tripod style jack.

I just measured my camper. The flares stick out about 4" past the side of the camper.
So I think extensions will be needed.

Frank

The ATC site lists the overhang bed as 69” wide so the camper outside dimension may be slightly wider.

I had a FWC Ranger on a 1st gen Tundra and my jacks came with the stock folding extensions and that still wasn’t enough. I had to add and additional 1/4” aluminum extension.

I was surprised when I drove from Colorado to Idaho to pick it up. Luckily the storage lot had tripod jacks which we used on the front. It barely worked.

As for the turn buckles, ATC extended my front one with some large quick links. You might just take a number of then with you just in case.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I think you might need the extenders.
I have a Bobcat on a 1st gen Tundra with flares
but my camper doesn't have corner jacks.
It has to be loaded/unloaded with the tripod style jack.

I just measured my camper. The flares stick out about 4" past the side of the camper.
So I think extensions will be needed.

Frank
Thank you!

jimjxsn said:
The ATC site lists the overhang bed as 69” wide so the camper outside dimension may be slightly wider.

I had a FWC Ranger on a 1st gen Tundra and my jacks came with the stock folding extensions and that still wasn’t enough. I had to add and additional 1/4” aluminum extension.

I was surprised when I drove from Colorado to Idaho to pick it up. Luckily the storage lot had tripod jacks which we used on the front. It barely worked.

As for the turn buckles, ATC extended my front one with some large quick links. You might just take a number of then with you just in case.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom