Locations Page Addition to Our Travel Blog

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I've posted many links here on Wander the West to our Travel blog -

Explorations with the Ski3pins

These blog posts have always been personal stories and photographs, not a hold your hand and show readers how to find places.

I have added a new page to the blog -

Geographic Locations

Here you can find links to our stories based on location.

We hope you find this helpful. :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Wow Ski that is some big project you started.
I guess it will give you something to do as we stay in place.
Thanks.
Frank

jimjxsn said:
That is great, I really like your stories...

Thanks!
A big thank you to you both, we appreciate it. I've completed another year! :)

ski3pin said:

These blog posts have always been personal stories and photographs, not a hold your hand and show readers how to find places.

Geographic Locations

Here you can find links to our stories based on location. It is a work in progress. It currently includes our travels through 2015. I have 4.5 years of travel to still add. I'll keep you posted.

Also, please excuse the formatting. It changes every time I do an update. Maybe someday I'll figure it out, but I would much rather spend time out on an adventure. :)
Oh, and I thought your were posting GPS co-ords... both thrilled and terrified at the thought! I love this listing... great for doing research on a given area!

Vic Harder said:
Oh, and I thought your were posting GPS co-ords... both thrilled and terrified at the thought! I love this listing... great for doing research on a given area!
Thanks Vic! :)

That does sound like a lot of work. I'm assuming there will be certain spots that remain anonymous for good reasons.

That's really cool you are doing that! I think I've read all your trip reports and found quite a few of your unspecified locations on GE using your photos and info and Google. Hopefully you will keep some special spots secret!

I had just found your favorite Granite Mountains (Mono County) campsite, and planned to camp there, just before I read about it on your blog. It was obvious after seeing your photos.

I have a lot of fun researching and finding stuff like that, but maybe now I can learn some new spots that I never figured out!

Thanks for all the effort through so many years!

Steve

Yep-they are great planning documents too! Thanks! I wonder how much money I've spent over the years at PublicLands.Org and the USFS map store.Gov. buying maps to trace your TR's?----keep it up!

Smoke

craig333 said:
That does sound like a lot of work. I'm assuming there will be certain spots that remain anonymous for good reasons.

CoreyTrevor said:
That's really cool you are doing that! I think I've read all your trip reports and found quite a few of your unspecified locations on GE using your photos and info and Google. Hopefully you will keep some special spots secret!

I had just found your favorite Granite Mountains (Mono County) campsite, and planned to camp there, just before I read about it on your blog. It was obvious after seeing your photos.

I have a lot of fun researching and finding stuff like that, but maybe now I can learn some new spots that I never figured out!

Thanks for all the effort through so many years!

Steve
So so many. Locations posted in stories where they really don't belong. Photos that never include back ground sky lines. :)

And the locations that are never written about.................

Smokecreek1 said:
Yep-they are great planning documents too! Thanks! I wonder how much money I've spent over the years at PublicLands.Org and the USFS map store.Gov. buying maps to trace your TR's?----keep it up!

Smoke
Mr. Smoke, it is a pleasure to spend your money. :)

ski3pin said:

Geographic Locations

Here you can find links to our stories based on location.

We hope you find this helpful. :)
Very helpful.
You two have an excellent resume, and have inspired more than one of our misadventures!

Lighthawk said:
Very helpful.
You two have an excellent resume, and have inspired more than one of our misadventures!
Thanks so much, Lighthawk!

We both were surprised at the length of the list we put together. We're looking forward to making new additions soon.

Well, done. I used the My Maps function of Google similarly and have tried over the years to tag each post with the locations. Only problem with tags is after some amount of time the blogger platform doesn't let me edit the tags, so I can't update.

Back
Top Bottom