Longhorn's Camper Build Has Started

DesertDave - will do. Not sure when I will get to it. I have the wiring soldered, and just need to get the hole cut in the cabinet and the "T" wire connectors installed.

One modification I didn't take a picture of was the installing of HyperVent under the mattress to hopefully prevent condensation in colder temperatures.

Sweet !

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your rig for many years in good health, let the wandering begin (after some mods of course).

Is your porta potti the Thetford curve model ? If so, what's your opinion ?

I believe I commented on your Blog spot before but,
Nice Job, thanks for posting pics here and on your blog. I'm looking forward to more.

DanT said:
Sweet !

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your rig for many years in good health, let the wandering begin (after some mods of course).

Is your porta potti the Thetford curve model ? If so, what's your opinion ?

I believe I commented on your Blog spot before but,
Nice Job, thanks for posting pics here and on your blog. I'm looking forward to more.
We will be taking our break-in trip in 2 weeks for a weekend to one of Indiana's State Park. I will let you know how it works out.

Texan76 said:
How did the portable ac work? Got any pics of the setup?
I'm taking with me on a weekend trip. I have cut a piece of TPO roofing membrane with a hole for the exhaust tube, and condensation hose to run out into the bed. I will get pictures of the set-up and provide some feedback early next week.

John

We took our secpnd break-in trip to McCormick's Creek State park, west of Bloomington Indiana. We took our small portable air conditioning unit with us. We bought a Koldfront 7000 BTU unit. It worked like a charm. We fabricate a closure for the turnbuckle opeing from TPO 80-mil roofing with cut-outs for the exhaust tube and the condensation hose. They say the hose isn't necessary, but it was so humid we hooked it up and it was dripping on the ground, The hose was long enough to extend out the back of the bed. There was just enough room for the porta potti at the back. Only need to use it on Friday night as temperatures dipped into the high 50's Saturday night. I paid around $300 for the unit. I'm having trouble uploading a photo so I will post in my blog story.

Thanks for the info Longhorn! I'm glad it works well for you.

Oh, I saw your stickers on the back window. Just wanted to say "Gig em Aggies! " :)

The unit is bigger than I thought it would be.

20140906_090334.jpg

billharr said:
The unit is bigger than I thought it would be.

20140906_090334.jpg
24" high, 18" wide, and 12" deep. It was larger than I expected. Nice to have when we have hot weather and can hook-up to electric.

Texan76 said:
Thanks for the info Longhorn! I'm glad it works well for you.

Oh, I saw your stickers on the back window. Just wanted to say "Gig em Aggies! " :)
Funny. My wife graduated from UT. I went to school at Trinity University in SA. I had to become a longhorn to survive. Mention the word Aggies and you get that laser stare from my wife. Our architect went to A & M so I'm always giving him some ____! As the saying goes, "Happy wife, Happy Life" so all the flags at home and stickers on the vehicles to keep her happy.

Back
Top Bottom