Louvre window keeps working itself open

MuleHawk

Advanced Member
Our side louvre window keeps opening on its own and tightening it with the knob only works temporarily, anyone know of a way to keep it from opening in its own? I can't see a way to tighten it more. I only notice it is open when driving because I can see it flapping in the wind in the side mirror

www.mulehawk.com

Rather than thinking of tightening, is there an ability to make a shade tree locking mechanism?

Maybe drill a hole in some rotating part and use a pin to stop the rotation?
Or, maybe a way to lock one of the window panels into a fixed closed position?
Maybe even some sticky Velcro in a corner of the glass window panel and a corresponding Velcro strip on the edge of the window frame? Lock them together, no open.

How about a photo (or two, or three) of the inside of the window?

A solution that I've seen applied to wing-nuts is to drill one ear and attach a spring thru the hole in such a direction that loosening the nut stretches the spring. Might work here?

My louver window also slowly creeps open while driving and I plan to replace the knob which seems to be stripped. In the meantime I wrap a short bungee around the shaft of the knob and attach it back to the fire extinguisher clip. This little bit of tension seems to keep it from opening. Easy but a bandaid.

Our window also will creep open while driving. We do not have a "stripped" knob. One idea I am considering but have not tried is to see how to remove the knob and add a washer to snug up the tightening. The factory may be the place to discover how the knob is removed.

Well I am coincidentally about an hour and a half away from the factory at the moment...I wonder if they can fit me in, I'll have to email them

www.mulehawk.com

I called the factory and they said there is nothing they can do to fix the window.

www.mulehawk.com

Back
Top Bottom