Made a Shower Head Holder

pvstoy

I cobbled together a hands free shower head holder that is small and light weight and best of all I used scrap lying around in the shop.

• I had scrap "Z" bar left over from my solar panel mount.
  • Two rivets.
  • 1/2 inch PVC pipe riser with threads (1/2 inch threads to screw into shower holder)
  • Shower holder that comes with a hose and hand-held shower head.

• Used a uni-bit and made hole in one side of "Z" bar that was still small enough to be tight against the PVC threads.
  • Shaved down the end of PVC to be flush with mating the second "Z" bar.
  • Shaved down the PVC side that rest against the "Z" bar so it would be centered in the height of the "Z" bar and result it can't rotate.
  • Riveted the two "Z" bar together and offset the second one as a stopper for the PVC.
  • Took the shower holder and took some material away from the holder part for the shower head to fit better. Added tape to shower head for stopping the rotation while using.
To use I just insert the end into the refrigerator vent and gravity does the rest to keep it there.

See images below
20190702_180904_resized.jpg
20190702_180923_resized.jpg
20190702_181040_resized.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration. I also wanted something for our camper and the new shower head I got does not work with the OEM one.

IMG_2912.JPG

Bent up a piece of sheet metal to hang over propane access door. Riveted the plastic shower head bracket to it,
and now I have a helping hand to hold the shower head.

Thanks Russ

Ok so I'm guessing they have changed the outside shower system? Mine is a 2015 Hawk and does not have hot cold handles just adjust on the handle of fixture. There is an OEM shower holder available?

Thanks Russ for adding yours to the posting, more the better. I like your setup. That shower head with the extra gusset looks like you could have a 200 psi shower.

KJINTX Russ has a ATC, different water system. I have a 2015 Hawk and same as yours. First picture you see the water valve upper left.

Hi
XJINTX I apologize I did this from my phone, and see my little line at the bottom is not there. Yes we have a ATC with a water heater which I installed. The shower head, I think was in TCM list of 10 camper upgrades. I’ve had it at least a year and could not see how to anchor that thing to hold the shower head. Saw the post when it came out, and the light bulb didn’t go off till yesterday it I spent 15 minutes I’d be surprised. Without pvstoy’s post it probably wouldn’t have happened.
Thanks again
Russ

Back
Top Bottom