Mid 90s Grandby for sale

demundus

Hi all,

Deciding to sell my mid 90s (94 i think?) FWC Grandby. Posting it here first, then craigslist in a week or so. I've used it for about a year (bought with the truck, i wanted the truck the camper was a gem and a bonus), and its been great.

I had big plans for it but I'm just in over my head, and my time + tools and things I need does not = a labor of love and alot of mistakes I'm sure to make. Bought it from a couple who lived in it up and down the coast for a couple years. It is in REALLY good shape for its age and the fact it was so heavily used. There were some issues related to their electrical rigging and the truck, but I solved most of them and started using it with no issue.

The good:
  • Put brand new 4 post jacks on it and redid the roof with a fantastic fan and several coats of RV roof paint and all new roofing screws (sanded the whole roof).
  • The panels work fine, haven't had a failure or a scare, and pop up with no issue.
  • Also added a solar panel
  • Canvas is in really nice shape, and might have been replaced at some point, as the color doesnt match the year range.
  • The aluminum frame also seems in good shape and I haven't observed flexing or cracked welds.
  • Windows are all in good shape and have a solid seal
  • Floor pack is in good condition, there is some rot in very specific places. I intended to replace it but just don't posses the skill
The "bad":
  • The kitchen side is somewhat torn apart, as was the start of my project
  • The bed is removed, but could be replaced, I took it out because...
  • There was a small leak at the front drivers side cabover (since fixed) and it caused some mold growth on the mattress near that area. I caught it early, but the damage was done
  • It is the wider body style, only certain trucks will be able to fit it in their bed.
  • Started to redo the ceiling without taking off the top, it doesnt look great but is functional. I added all rigid insulation, but should really be taken off and un-sewn and done properly

Long story short, I feel it would be more worth my time/money/headache to buy a newer/next gen FWC model for my truck. This camper could be camped in today if you reinstalled the bed, but it is definitely ripe to be remodeled.

It's located in Oceanside California, and I will take any additional pictures you would like.

Price: $2000

https://imgur.com/a/KoLclLB

bump, price reduction. the camper is now fully gutted instead of partially gutted now.

Back
Top Bottom