Minimum Garage Door Height For Hawk + '05 Tundra

Wallowa

Double Ought
Sorry if this has been asked many times. :cautious:

Tried multiple searches attempting to answer this question; no luck. Our new Hawk will have Yak tracks, FWC solar panel and two vents; my question is what garage door height is needed to get the '05 Tundra with Hawk into the garage?

I can of course wait and see [Feb] but if I need to have someone increase the garage door height I would prefer to get it done now. With 100 mph winds possible out here, it needs to be in the shop.

I can of course lower tire pressure and empty RideRites..wheels tires are 265/75 R16 [31.7 " dia tires].

Thanks for any insights.

Phil

You'll probably need a 8' door.
My 3/4 ton Chevy with a Hawk and vents only just barely clears my 8' door.
IXviPsx.jpg

Fyreman,

Yak 'bars' or tacks? are you referring to bars mounted on towers to the tacks?

Thanks for feed back!

Phil

Ps...Rotti...thanks for the photo and info...another favor..what is the truck bed [where Hawk is resting] height above the garage floor in the photo?

Wallowa said:
Fyreman,

Yak 'bars' or tacks? are you referring to bars mounted on towers to the tacks?

Thanks for feed back!

Phil

Ps...Rotti...thanks for the photo and info...another favor..what is the truck bed [where Hawk is resting] height above the garage floor in the photo?
Bars on towers on tracks on the roof

Wallowa said:
About 34 1/2".
Note, your truck will probably settle 2 to 4" in the back with the weight of the Hawk.

Right around 87" with about 20 lbs in the air bags on my 06 Tundra with my 05 Hawk. That is just to the top of the roof and therefore does not include any racks or panels nor the roof vent. I bought the Hawk used and don't know if it was custom built or if they even do that.
Gregg

You can do a search for "garage doors" and look at the standard sizes.

Then look at your garage and see if you can even fit a taller door?

Congratulations on the new camper. Looks like a Happy 2016 :)

Thanks everyone...it will be close...but such is life! My shop door is 8' minus the trim and seal...put some motor oil on that sucker and push...panels and vents add approx. 1.5-2"

Samo...any door can be made taller...it just takes more $$$$... ;)

Yup...trying to be patient while waiting to take the Tundra to Tigard for the Hawk in Feb....but then again patience is not my strong suit.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom