Mosquito Repellent for Campsite

Okay, I'm over at my buddies last night eating home made swedish meatballs and drinking his beer when he mentions he has a bug assault weapon. I figured he was either pulling my leg or had something home made but no its a dedicated bug killing machine.

http://bugasalt.com/

Now its up to version 2.0 so maybe you've heard of it before. I don't see it of much use outdoors but in the camper, when you're almost asleep and you hear that buzzing noise. Just grab your bugassault and pow. Of course swatting is effective and cheap but only when its on a flat surface. Nowhere to hide now bug!

I tested it on my hand at two feet. It did sting some.

Up here in the Northeast we have a Springtime that heralds Bug Season...black flies , no-see-ums, and mosquitos. Certainly Deet works but I hate the stuff... it stings, melts plastic, can give one a headache (toluene) and you can't handle a trout with the stuff on!
I have used Woodsman Fly Dope... smells like pine tar... everyone turns around when you walk out of the woods and into a diner! But recently I have found a good one made with Picaridin... an organic compound that works and it has no scent per se. Non toxic. The one drawback is that it only lasts about half the time of an application of deet. (Deep woods Off) .
Try it out and see for yourself. Sometimes hard to find but camping stores should have it in season.

Attachments

• Cutter.JPG
    Cutter.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 103

Back
Top Bottom