Most secure - truck cab or camper?

I actually did add an alarm to the door of the camper.. a cheap battery operated contact door alarm from walmart.. .. it chimes when its opened on one setting and sounds an alarm if the code isnt put in on the other.. a precaution as a female traveling with kids..

That film looks impressive but just consider what its going to do in an accident. Instead of someone easily breaking a window to get you out its going to take way to long if you're on fire.

At a trailhead I will walk around and look for broken vehicle glass or other signs of past vehicle break ins. I have changed plans based on findings like this.

Duh... this tip is great and pretty obvious now that you mention it. :eek:

Mike

I was once warned at a trailhead that porcupines were fond of eating the radiator hoses to get at that sweet antifreeze. They did say you can wrap the hoses in foil and they'll leave it alone. Its not always people you need to watch out for.

I was once warned at a trailhead that porcupines were fond of eating the radiator hoses to get at that sweet antifreeze. They did say you can wrap the hoses in foil and they'll leave it alone. Its not always people you need to watch out for.

I have a small gun save under the seat of my ATC

I bought a product called Consul Vault. It replaces the factory center consul and cannot be seen from the outside(or inside) due to the armrest. Once you lift the armrest you have to either use a key or a 3 digit code. Its made of a strong steel that would take a lot of work to remove. It replaces the factory plastic consul and uses the same bolt holes. It takes about 10 minutes to install(unless you're drinking margaritas). It can fit anything that you would normally place in your center consul. I use it for my Ipod, wallet, passport, $, and SLR camera. I bought it through Costco for a little discount but they are also sold direct online. I think I paid around $250 but its definitely worth the piece of mind.

If I were to stash a lot of camera gear, Id hide it in the camper. So many little nook and cranny's that a thief would never find...

Mi dos centavos

Back
Top Bottom