Mountainsmith storage solution for Bobcat

JeffWright

Advanced Member
Hi Guys, I've been struggling with an effective storage solution for my Bobcat. I thought I'd give these a try http://www.sierratradingpost.com/mountainsmith-modular-hauler-4~p~73728/

I'm planning on doing quite a bit of travel this fall. It's going to be a combination of city and wilderness locations. For the wilderness stuff I really like having everything feel like it's in it's place and home but as soon as I get into a city and am staying in a hotel or with friends I want to be able to make a quick move to transition all of my stuff out of the camper for convenience as well as the danger of theft. Hoping this does the job.

They'll also fit under the couch if not completely full.

Anybody else using these?

Attachments

• IMG_5680.JPG
    IMG_5680.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 202
  • mountainsmith-modular-hauler-4-in-black-teal-red-blue~p~73728_01~460.3.jpg
    mountainsmith-modular-hauler-4-in-black-teal-red-blue~p~73728_01~460.3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 185
Not using that product, but I like Mountainsmith gear. We use their fanny packs with shoulder harnesses. It's held up for at least 20 years. That does look like a nice way to contain/move gear. If you get it, please give us a review. Only another monthish until my Bobcat is done.

Nice idea and product. Mountainsmith has been rock solid as to durability. Yes, review when you can. Thanks for the post! :)

We have been using those in our Ocelot for the last three or four years. Work perfectly - they fit exactly under the stored table and two fit perfectly in the seat storage. Plus we use the gray case for all the dog gear, food, water, etc. They really work well. Don't know how to select the individual photos, but here is a link with a few photos of how the bags fit in:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/gallery/member/4009-Taku/

Not the Mountainsmith product, but I was recently given a soft sided trunk organizer with velcro strips on the bottom. It grabs onto the carpeted ledge of the camper and the seat of the side dinette when traveling. It didn't budge on the road to Tuweep campground this weekend. It held all my clothes, a few books, and other assorted items. Probably less expensive than the Mountainsmith stuff.

I love mine, it is a great organizational pack. I have the model that holds 4 duffel packs and it is easy to overpack and make it too heavy to lift.

Back
Top Bottom