Mounting Glowsteps on Hawk

stanbiker

Advanced Member
Has anyone mounted the Stow N' Go from Torklift on a Hawk?

I have the regular glowsteps mounted under the door, but the screws keep pulling out of the wood.

I was thinking of pulling the black trim piece by the door jamb and drilling through with carriage bolts, but I like the idea of leaving the steps installed all the time.

Any other suggestions?

I just mounted glow steps yesterday. My wife's medical condition requires something stable for her to get in and out. I did not see a good way to mount steps on our fleet and did not feel good about drilling in to the unknown. I made a bracket that mounts on lower panel of rear bed support of truck that kicks the steps farther back than stock mounting bracket would. Draw backs are the bracket blocks spare tire winch hole and will not work with tailgate back on. So for either situation I will have to unbolt bracket and remove. I will say the glow step landing gear are great for adjusting pich and for uneven surfaces. And I have to remove them when not in use, but they won't get stolen. I ordered push button quick release pins to simplify taking on and off.

20170429_132748-L.jpg

20170429_132740-L.jpg

And I have to remove them when not in use, but they won't get stolen. I ordered push button quick release pins to simplify taking on and off.
I do not have enough room to fold them up with the mounting location and they would block the license plate. They ride inside the back door.

Those look sweet but I'm not sure I can shell out that much cash for some stairs!

Back
Top Bottom