My Fall Trip

Thanks for the trip report. We wandered down to those petroglyphs once a few years ago. There was no one around and we just wanted to stretch our legs. Imagine our surprise at seeing all the relocated petroglyphs!

Not every trip goes according to plan. Actually, I have never had one go according to plan. Your experience dodging storms is familiar to us.

We do love the Oregon Coast. If you get into a campground, which is not too hard during the off season, it can be really nice to hang out and do low tide walks. Sometimes lots of birds, seals and such.

We will put Cape Blanco on our list for a soon return visit.

Thanks again.

Tony

thanks for the note on New River - looks like a good place to visit

Thanks for the report. It looked to me like you made it to some great spots. Cape Blanco is a favorite of mine too, it's one of the coastal parks with a lot of brush between sites which afford a little privacy so it doesn't seem as crowded as some on the coast. Good hiking and beaches there too. Last time we were there we experienced an earthquake!

Thanks for taking us along-actually got to camp at Cape Blanco once a while back :rolleyes:! Camping anywhere right now is real uncomfortable with temps at least 10-20 below normal-this after a month above normal and in the 80's. Again now, I 'm getting older and camping in a snow bank and drinking a cold beer does not have the appeal it used too-ah well what can you do? BLM put out a real good map in their Oregon Recreation Map Series that covered the Coos Bay BLM/Siskiyou NF and covered the southern and central coast and a big hunk of the interior with lot's of little gems to camp at that w/o a good map or local knowledge you would never find-sometimes that's the only way to escape the milling masses.
Smoke

Yes, all trips don't go as planned but it still is grand to make use of the time we have away. Thanks for taking us along! :)

Back
Top Bottom