My First FWC... How many custom "Shell" builds are there?

So Cal Adventurer said:
Thanks Bill

Ive book marked several of your builds! Awesome work!

Where do you get those folding seat brackets?

Thanks! I will bookmark the build thread too!

Kevin
Seat brackets came with the used shell I purchased. The shell had a front dinette that is no longer made. FWC did sell the brackets $150 a pair in 2013. I highly recommend the brackets, only down side is if in the bed position you will feel them setting on the edge.

Kevin, like you I enjoy the building as much as anything. I went with a grandby shell. Kept it simple. Front dinette on a Lagun mount. Table drops down to make another bed for 2 labradors. ARB fridge. AGM batteries. Water tank. Solar. Inverter/charger. I’m up the road near Santa Barbara if you ever get up this way and want to take a look at my project you’re welcome to. Jim

Lobster1 said:
Kevin, like you I enjoy the building as much as anything. I went with a grandby shell. Kept it simple. Front dinette on a Lagun mount. Table drops down to make another bed for 2 labradors. ARB fridge. AGM batteries. Water tank. Solar. Inverter/charger. I’m up the road near Santa Barbara if you ever get up this way and want to take a look at my project you’re welcome to. Jim
Thanks Jim

I went to the Rally this weekend and after checking out all the builds, i've decided the front dinette is going to be what i go with.

You are running a grandby on a Tundra?? I have a 2014 Tundra DC and thought hawk was my only option.

Care to share anymore pics of your setup?

Thanks!

The front dinette is nice but there is nowhere to stand or sit when the bed is extended out. Seems like it's only a good option if you never plan on pulling the overhead bed out to queen size.

fireball said:
The front dinette is nice but there is nowhere to stand or sit when the bed is extended out. Seems like it's only a good option if you never plan on pulling the overhead bed out to queen size.
I noticed that. Luckily I am generally outside and prefer the elements more than sitting inside. The dinette would primarly be used in foul weather.

Kevin, I have a tundra dc with an 8’ bed. I need it for fishing 6 months a year but the other 6 we intend to leave the camper on. I built the front dinette to seat 4 with the bed retracted but with it pulled out, you can still seat 2. Not sure you could do that with a Hawk. I’m lousy at posting pictures. I’ve tried a couple times and the regulars have tried to school me but the few I’ve posted have come out small.
PM me and I’ll send pics through email. It’s lobster season now so I’m not around much but I will respond when I’m in. Whatever you do, these campers are great. Enjoy the process and fix what you do that you don’t like.

Lobster1 said:
Kevin, I have a tundra dc with an 8’ bed. I need it for fishing 6 months a year but the other 6 we intend to leave the camper on. I built the front dinette to seat 4 with the bed retracted but with it pulled out, you can still seat 2. Not sure you could do that with a Hawk. I’m lousy at posting pictures. I’ve tried a couple times and the regulars have tried to school me but the few I’ve posted have come out small.
PM me and I’ll send pics through email. It’s lobster season now so I’m not around much but I will respond when I’m in. Whatever you do, these campers are great. Enjoy the process and fix what you do that you don’t like.
Thanks. I didn’t know you had the magical/mythical Long bed Tundra. Congrats! I looked for a white Long bed 4x4 for almost a year!

Back
Top Bottom