My First Pop Up Camper

Fitwon

Advanced Member
Hope to attach photos of my "new" camper--here goes: Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 020.JPG

This Outfitter Caribou 8 has Thule Roof Rack, Outfitter Basket Rack, Outfitter Ladder, 80 Watt Solar, Separate locking Generator compartment, HappiJac Electric Jacks, outside shower, am/fm/CD player, Norcold 3 way Refrigerator, 3 burner stove, furnace, sink, etc.

I just got it home with Broadys and Home Depot turnbuckles. Ordered new TorkLift Tie Downdowns for $370. delivered from Gibs RV, Coos Bay Oregon.

I made the mistake of putting air in my Coil-Rite air bags after the camper was on--so I was underinflated all the way back to Oregon--not smart. Next time I will inflate the bags to max (35 psi) before loading the camper on the truck. Should perform better that way--hopefully.

I have some serious learning to do (froze my beer on way home)--thanks for all you guys taught me.:rolleyes:

The guy who plays with his toys the most wins!

Glad you made it home OK. Turn that dial on your fridge from 5 to 3 and your beer should not freeze!!!! :D ;)

PS I like your camper a LOT!!!! :cool:

Glad you made it home OK. Turn that dial on your fridge from 5 to 3 and your beer should not freeze!!!! :D ;)

PS I like your camper a LOT!!!! :cool:

Thanks Silvertip--especially for the advice on the TorkLifts and the Fridge and the Propane Detector!. Next I have got to figure out the rear awning--pretty hi-tech--need to have four hands I think in order to set it up right.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning the interior and it is looking better now. Another hour or two and it will be ready for some minor fix-its here and there. Now to pay my camper tax--Oregon requires I title it and license it. hum bug.

I lost a full page e-mail when I tried to send it to you back channel--it will take a day or so and I will get it rewritten.

Best to ya,

Fitwon

Attachments

• Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 007.JPG
    Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 007.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 242
Congratulations on your new camper. Have fun out there and be safe.

Darryl

Thanks Darryl. I love the fact this Outfitter has 11 opening windows with screens--makes it feel like I am outside when I am inside.

Attachments

• Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 012.JPG
    Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 012.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 195
Hey - I'll buy you a burger and you can give me a tour of that bad boy :D

This time I will buy the beer too! I have to get the TorkLifts on, (you will laugh when you see the Home Depot Turnbuckles I used on the Broadies to get it home), and get the DMV to give me it's tax/license blessing.

Thanks again DirtyDog for the excellent coaching you provided.

Next up (after license, title and TorlLifts) will be to weigh it loaded down.

:eek:

But Shady Dog loves it no matter what it weighs.

Attachments

• Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 008.JPG
    Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 008.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 163
Nice rig. Always good to have a reliable camper. Now, gotta get it ready to get out. No fun being in the driveway when the summer season is here. Congrats and welcome to the club.....

Now, I am gonna have to get you central Oregon folk to tell me where to go. Had a great time over, around, and above the Alvord dry lake. Coool. Gotta make it the the wildlife refuge down there. Where else closer to where you guys are (and closer to me!)

Dave in Seattle

Nice rig. Always good to have a reliable camper. Now, gotta get it ready to get out. No fun being in the driveway when the summer season is here. Congrats and welcome to the club.....

Now, I am gonna have to get you central Oregon folk to tell me where to go. Had a great time over, around, and above the Alvord dry lake. Coool. Gotta make it the the wildlife refuge down there. Where else closer to where you guys are (and closer to me!)

Dave in Seattle

When you come to Central Oregon, use my chalet as your base camp. I am 66 miles North of Crater Lake National Park and 13 miles SW of SunRiver and 24 miles SW of Bend.

Best to ya.

Attachments

• Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 005.JPG
    Outfitter Caribou 8 in Colorado Mountains 005.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 155

Back
Top Bottom