My Hawk Finally Ordered

Kali

Advanced Member
I finally got my order placed for my Hawk. It seemed that I deliberated over layout choices and options for far too long. Ultimately it came down to my budget. So, I didn't get Solar as I figured I could build my own, and I didn't get the Batwing awning, as I can install it a later date if I want it. Thanks to Pete @ FWC for installing the Batwing Awning mounting brackets for a very reasonable up charge.

Additionally, I want to thank all of you on this forum. I have followed many of you (Bombsight, HODAKA Guy, etc) on how you spec'd out and built your FWC's. Your builds provided me with a lot of insight on how to build mine.

My Hawk will be mounted on my Nissan Titan. A billy goat of truck with a weak back(i.e the rear diff). I have upgraded the brakes, suspension, and even the rear axle to a DANA 60( better axle and gear choice). It's charcoal gray, so I think it should look pretty good with the Hawk's Silver Spur exterior.

Now comes the wait........GRRRRRR.

Here is what I ordered:

Hawk 6.5 Front Dinette with Hot Water Heater and Indoor Shower

Silver Spur Interior/Exterior

130 Liter Fridge

Yakima Roof Tracks

Rear Wall Steps

Exterior LED Lighting

Rear Flood Lights

2nd Deep Cycle Battery

King Size Bed Slide-Out

Flush Mount Sink/Stove Combo

Powered Roof Vent plus additional Roof Vent

Thermal Pack

Forced Air Furnace

Congrats...Yes the wait is a bit frustrating... I put my down payment 2 weeks ago... It;s maybe a 14 week wait for us, so its read and read and read till it arrives. And saying maybe we should have gotten X upgrade... :(

Tim and Kate
San Deigo

did the same with the Solar ... I love the looks of the batwing, very cool... I was just in the desert Easter Weekend Camping and a friend with a SCAMP trailer was the hip place to be as it had a side awning. As the sun moved we had to move till it got ridiculous. I have the EZUp Awnings\ Higher quality and side panels I love it. I just did not have it on that trip.

130 on the fridge? Thats a big Fridge... :)

Congrats and welcome. You will need solar with that large fridge, every bit of 160W. In 2014 FWC only had the 100W a s the base and we got the 85L Dometic fridge, which is an energy hog. We picked up an 80W portable. We need every bit we can get to keep charged. I use a CPAP machine and with careful with lights and furnace. My 2cents. Enjoy the camper. jd

inciter said:
did the same with the Solar ... I love the looks of the batwing, very cool... I was just in the desert Easter Weekend Camping and a friend with a SCAMP trailer was the hip place to be as it had a side awning. As the sun moved we had to move till it got ridiculous. I have the EZUp Awnings\ Higher quality and side panels I love it. I just did not have it on that trip.

130 on the fridge? Thats a big Fridge... :)
Yeah, the EZ Up is a great way to go. I am going to try a few different set ups and figure out what works best. I think the EZ Up is very convenient, and a great value
As far as the fridge, I figure I have a ton of space for beer......LOL

inciter said:
Congrats...Yes the wait is a bit frustrating... I put my down payment 2 weeks ago... It;s maybe a 14 week wait for us, so its read and read and read till it arrives. And saying maybe we should have gotten X upgrade... :(

Tim and Kate
San Deigo
So true.

Welcome fellow Titan-er! I would agree these trucks are billy goats and one of the most under rated platforms out there. As for the rear end, my thoughts have always been to uprade to the Currie Dana 60 but after 120k of hard (but not abused) miles my rear has been holding up just fine. You will find the Titan handles a Hawk no problem. I have a modest lift, 1 1/2" rear with Icon shocks (love these shocks, had rough country before and they were garbage) and front has 2 inch spacer with 5100's on middle perch. I also have Firestone airbags rear with Daystar cradles. After trial and error found this to be the ultimate set up.

Photos below are from our recent trip to Toroweap Grand Canyon. Woke up to 4 inches of snow and a slippery drive home down the "clay hole" road.
IMG_20180415_210229.jpgIMG_20180415_210145.jpg

I love seeing other Titan's around. I agree about them being under rated. Most people never realized what a great platform they were. I have a King Cab Long Bed as well. What I really like about Gen 1 Titan's is that they were in production for so long with only a few changes, so they seem to have aged really well. What front bumper are you running?

Those are some great pics BTW.

Kali
I forgot to ask when is your ETA for your Hawk As I am close to yours.

I am about 45 Mins away from anza borrego Desert We will most likely Kate and I try it out in that area first...But if it's to hot the Rec area has some off road paths we take in the jeep but (Sun Rise Highway)??? The F250 is a 2x4 with rear lockers so we will have to be careful.

We travel with a two horse trailer and hope the f250 will do well with our two Dobbin set up. It's a 2017 F250 with E 18 tiers and the tow package.

Cheers to all Live in and camper owners too.

Kali?

What Are your plans ?

inciter said:
Kali
I forgot to ask when is your ETA for your Hawk As I am close to yours.

I am about 45 Mins away from anza borrego Desert We will most likely Kate and I try it out in that area first...But if it's to hot the Rec area has some off road paths we take in the jeep but (Sun Rise Highway)??? The F250 is a 2x4 with rear lockers so we will have to be careful.

We travel with a two horse trailer and hope the f250 will do well with our two Dobbin set up. It's a 2017 F250 with E 18 tiers and the tow package.

Cheers to all Live in and camper owners too.
Kali?

What Are your plans ?
FWC hasn't given me a firm date yet. I think we will be picking ours up in Mid to Late July based on other's time lines. I don't have plans yet. I was thinking of taking the kids and their dirt bikes out riding. Maybe we can meet at Anza Borrego? I don't 4wd either so....

Yeah, we can definitely meet up. Anza Borrego is right next door to Ocotillo Wells SVRA, so that would be great trip.

Kali said:
I love seeing other Titan's around. I agree about them being under rated. Most people never realized what a great platform they were. I have a King Cab Long Bed as well. What I really like about Gen 1 Titan's is that they were in production for so long with only a few changes, so they seem to have aged really well. What front bumper are you running?

Those are some great pics BTW.
Stock Bumper. "Brush bar" that I bought off craigslist years ago.
IMG_20180417_210334.jpg

Back
Top Bottom