Narrow it down for me please. ...

I'm a former backpacker and trailer owner. Now a happy FWC owner.
Where do you live? I think it would help you and your wife to see and walk around in the campers you're considering. The best advice I've heard here is pick the camper then the vehicle.

I'm in eastern PA, a location that's about as ideal for finding boondock campers as NYC. You?

mrfritz44 said:
I'm in eastern PA, a location that's about as ideal for finding boondock campers as NYC. You?
There is a Four Wheel dealer in PA

https://www.mainlineoverland.com

They also have a lot of other things there as well. Might be worth a little trip ....

I just saw that they have a Fleet there that is just over $12,000 and can be customized. This might be a good for for your taco.

mrfritz44 said:
Just saw the Moby XTR....hmmmmm.
Ahh yes ... so maybe DG was right ;) (see post #2, first answer). That looks cool but it wouldn't be right for us because where we sometimes like camp the bugs are murder. You, IDK.

A trailer could be a good solution because it's more of a stand alone item - perhaps easier to buy and easier to sell, provided there is a market in your area. Is there, IDK.

I was remiss in omitting the venerable Alaskan Camper in my earlier list of pop ups, thanks to PR for the sly reminder. When researching, it can be helpful to visit the mfr if possible. Turns out, because of distance, that might have been a non starter, IDK.

I've read on WTW that Alaskans are rare in the east. They are not uncommon in the PNW. Slide in campers are common here in BC but, from what I've seen, trailers are more popular east of the Rockies in AB, SK and MB. There must be something to location.

I see a lot of pics posted here of what I believe is the Four Corners area of the US - hot and not a lot of trees - unlike where I live in SW BC (Location). I think where one camps is important to consider. Does that matter to you, IDK.

smlobx said:
There is a Four Wheel dealer in PA

https://www.mainlineoverland.com

They also have a lot of other things there as well. Might be worth a little trip ....
Great recommendation. Nothing like seeing something up close.

Even with little to go on, these threads can be fun. Each of us have our own wants and dreams, experiences and goals. Not to diminish in any way the sincerity of intention, but our replies can only go so far, beyond which we are really just whistling.

Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom