Need more ceiling LED lighting

MountainSufi

Howdy from Jackson Hole!

My 2017 Fleet has flat LED strips with switches, 1.25" X 20". At the end something looks kinda like a mini-receptacle for a wire ganging lights together. I'd like to add another bar over one side of the bed that is currently too dark for reading. No, I'm not going to rip the ceiling apart.

Anybody know where I can get a compatable LED strip light?

Many thankx!

I have supplemented my lights with AA battery powered stick on circular 'tap on' lights on the front and back roof push boards...better light temp and non-glaring...'16 Hawk...

Hey Vic, the EShine website has a short 6" connector that would be very doable without tucking it in. However, they state only their EShine products work with eachother, and their connectors appear heavier duty than what FWC is using.

Anybody know what brand of LED strips FWC uses?

Wallowa,

Good placement idea RE pushboard mount of round battery lights, but 1) I hate using batteries except when unavoidable. 2) I doubt the light would be bright enuff for my GF to read by.

FWIW, I keep a round battery light unmounted in one of my 2 storage cabinets. Because: 1) I can tap it on easily and move it around as needed. 2) The light is so dim, I'm not tempted to use it as a flashlight. IE, it's always there & can't be lost.

To all... Get out camping and enjoy the fall colors!

Yes, PVStoy. We've had hard frosts & aspens are at their peak. Around the Oxbow Bend area there are a few aspen stands with trees that get a coral (instead of yellow) color.

Snow is encroaching high on the Tetons. I'm grateful for the insulation pack I purchased from our local FWC dealer. Best $800 I ever spent.

MountainSufi said:
Wallowa,

Good placement idea RE pushboard mount of round battery lights, but 1) I hate using batteries except when unavoidable. 2) I doubt the light would be bright enuff for my GF to read by.

FWIW, I keep a round battery light unmounted in one of my 2 storage cabinets. Because: 1) I can tap it on easily and move it around as needed. 2) The light is so dim, I'm not tempted to use it as a flashlight. IE, it's always there & can't be lost.

To all... Get out camping and enjoy the fall colors!

Actually you can get enough lumens to read by with a tap on light; and you can place it at either end of the board where you heads are when sleeping or sitting below....batteries seem to last forever...plus they are cheap and easy to install...

Thanks for the update. With a late start being able to go out this year we are not going to make it that far north.

MountainSufi said:
Yes, PVStoy. We've had hard frosts & aspens are at their peak. Around the Oxbow Bend area there are a few aspen stands with trees that get a coral (instead of yellow) color.

Snow is encroaching high on the Tetons. I'm grateful for the insulation pack I purchased from our local FWC dealer. Best $800 I ever spent.

Thankx Wallowa! I'll probably try this if hanging a Lucie Light from the push bar isn't sufficient (it can recharge on the dashboard during days).

+1 on the Lucie lights. Hung over your head, they provide enough light for reading. We commonly hang two lights in the evening. The ceiling LED lights that came with the camper are bright enough to do needle point while laying on the floor.

We also have several of the AAA powered clamp on LED lights on a flexible extension, They run for a long time and provide targeted light if one wants to have darkness while the other reads. Also easy to reach and turn on if nature calls late.

Paul

I ran USB fairy lights around the ceiling perimeter. Warmer light for coziness since the dimmers on my LEDs (2019 Hawk Shell) are quite gray.

Lighthawk said:
Did you hardwire your lights, Vic?
I'm wondering about what sort of power supply would work.
Yes. I had the whole camper down to the alum, and wired them in then. 12V, and less than 5A when all 4 are running on high.

Thanks Vic
I just want to add one strip to a shelf where I've set up a dual USB charging station. I'll need to figure out how to adapt from their wiring with 3.5DC connector at the fixture to tying into my camper wiring. Maybe some sort of piggyback spade splitter might work, but I'll need to strip their wire to see how they have their conductors organized. My other option is to use the battery powered light.

I'm concerned with the attachment from the fixture pigtail to the camper wiring. I could tie into my Blue Sea USB outlet and I'll need two separate wires and maybe a splitter. The e-Shine fixtures seem to come with a sheathed mono-cable to a power source/supply. I hope there's two wires in there to separate. I'm just not familiar with that cable.

Back
Top Bottom