New 15 Hawk

longhorn1 said:
Forgot about that. I have a 30 to 30 extension cord and a 30 to 50 dogbone. I also bought a surge protector for the 30 amp.
My '15 Hawk came with a 30 to 15/20 amp adapter. I took an extension cord, and go from there to my genny or to shore power 20a plug in. If I was running an A/C, guess I would use my 30-30 extension from my big camper.

idahoron said:
Congrats, I got my camper from Denny.

img_121574_4_0406b646c0cdedb70dceca396ecd11e1.jpg

I use mine a lot for hunting and fishing. When I get back I like to watch a movie when I am eating so I take a small lap top with me. I also almost always have my Honda 2000i generator.
I didn't see but did you get the thermal pack? If not you might want to think about it. I also have a am/fm/noaa radio that I keep in the camper.
Awesome. I liked the idea of a generator, but after talking to Denny and others they said that our solar panels 100&80 should keep everything going.. We shall see.. If not sportsmans warehouse is around the corner :D Thermal Pack has been purchased.

Umtduckhead said:
Awesome. I liked the idea of a generator, but after talking to Denny and others they said that our solar panels 100&80 should keep everything going.. We shall see.. If not sportsmans warehouse is around the corner :D Thermal Pack has been purchased.
Not everyone likes generators but I love mine. In the morning I just use battery and throughout the day (if I need it) I just use the battery. Then at night I plug in the Generator and charge everything up. I have a small 1500 watt electric heater that is awesome in the camper in the evening when I am hunting. Well done on the thermal pack.

I hae 100w solar on the roof and a 60w foldable but ended up getting a Honda 2000i generator on my trip west because of cloudy days and not much driving some days. I only use the generator when I have to since I don't want to be one of 'those' people. ;) My solar keeps things charged enough when it is sunny.

I also found that one of my batteries was bad so maybe I didn't need the generator after all, but it's there just in case. If I didn't have an Aluminess bumper with a deluxe box I'd probably leave it at home most of the time, but it fits fine in the box and is out of the way until I need it.

I put an OME heavy suspension on my Tacoma with an extra leaf in the rear and the ride is much improved over stock with just the airbags.

When I bought a new washing machine, it came with new fill hoses. I kept the hoses off the old washing machine which had a right angle connection on one end. The hose reaches down from the drain and into a Homer bucket with lid. I cut a hole in the lid. It would not be hard to add a hose bib fitting in the lid if a "sealed" gray water system is needed.

This, also, serves as the water bucket required to be carried along with a hand ax in the Oregon backwoods during fire season. Hose stores in the same bucket during transit.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom