New Additions to the Stable

realbtl

Contributors
I've been riding motorcycles since 1963 and it seems that I am definitely on the downward slope of the displacement curve. 250 cc is just about right for the riding I do now especially given the number of suicidal deer around here. I recently picked up these two wee beasties and am enjoying the hell out of them.

First is a 2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa for riding the forest road. 2200 miles and very clean.

Next is a 1986 Honda Helix I got for $1000. It has 12k miles but was obviously owned by a perfectionist. The owners manual and radio manual are still in their original plastic pouch. This is a great grocery getter, etc.

Both get 70-90 mpg and cruise nicely at 55-60. If gas gets too expensive I'll throw one or the other in my utility trailer and use the ATC for a base camp. Now I just have to deal with Montana Spring weather which is rain, snow and sun. Not just in the same day but often in the same hour.

Attachments

• Sherpa 1.jpeg
    Sherpa 1.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Helix 1.jpeg
    Helix 1.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 108
OK Realbtl, I hold you responsible :mad: I started searching Craigslist for "250" and just bought myself a garage project! Got a blast from the past, a 1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler Scrambler :LOL: These are 250cc 2 stroke twins that would out accelerate a nice fat Harley. Road trip to get it tomorrow.

Just sold my old 81 Honda XR500R dirt bike. Just didn't ride it much any more (must be getting old). Guess my "nice fat Harley" had spoiled me from the pain of crashing in the dirt.

Had no idea how popular this old Honda was. Sold in 45 min on CL.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 95
Those Hustlers were THE cool bike back in the day. I've always lusted after one of the Kawasaki triple. I rode a friend's 750 and it was the scariest bike I've ever ridden. The power curve was like the Tetons, flat as can be then Wham!! Probably good that I haven't found one.

Those Hustlers were THE cool bike back in the day. I've always lusted after one of the Kawasaki triple. I rode a friend's 750 and it was the scariest bike I've ever ridden. The power curve was like the Tetons, flat as can be then Wham!! Probably good that I haven't found one.

Right after a bad semester in college, and therefore right before the Army, I worked at a bike shop. Insanely I could ride everything they had (and ride them insanely I did :eek: ). We had a used Kawasaki 500, or maybe 750, that someone made into a chopper, they were fast, wobbly, and not the best braking and this sucker had a giant extended front end and no front brake :LOL: I've been kinda looking for a smoker to play with.

Right after a bad semester in college, and therefore right before the Army, I worked at a bike shop. Insanely I could ride everything they had (and ride them insanely I did :eek: ). We had a used Kawasaki 500, or maybe 750, that someone made into a chopper, they were fast, wobbly, and not the best braking and this sucker had a giant extended front end and no front brake :LOL: I've been kinda looking for a smoker to play with.

Here she is, rough but all there, plus some extra parts. I'll probably get her running and then decide if I will restore her or sell off the parts.

p1030796-M.jpg

Barko- I don't know if you are aware of ADVrider.com but they have a section called Old's Cool with 370 different threads. If you are looking for parts or just want to show it off that is a good place.

Your bike is sweet, good luck on the restoration.

Barko- I don't know if you are aware of ADVrider.com but they have a section called Old's Cool with 370 different threads. If you are looking for parts or just want to show it off that is a good place.

Your bike is sweet, good luck on the restoration.

Thanks, I am an ADV'r and have already posted it on the Rockies forum :) I just hosed it off, next I guess will be fuel system, unstick the clutch plates, throw on a battery and some new plugs and then start kickin!

Back
Top Bottom