New Awning for CO Alaskan

nixfwc

Here is a new awning I made for the rear of our Alaskan. Makes the rear entrance much more comfortable. Don't mind the trash; the pic was taken at the end of 10 days camping at a Sierra lake. Had not cleaned up the site yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2440.jpg
    IMG_2440.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 467
Nice awning....I like the fabric

but there's alot more going on in that pic.....Is that a demand hot water heater mounted on the wall?

you've had that camper for a while...It has all the signs of developed use.... ;)

Yes that is a demand water heater, Ecotemp, I believe. In a sheet aluminum cover as it is not water proof. Works great. Perhaps I should post some pictures of other improvements. One thing I have not yet figured out is how to screen the rear door. Anyone got an idea on how to do that.?

The awning is great, that is what I would like to do for the rear and sides, nice retro look. Funny about the screen door can't decide on how to make a double retractable one.

I too like the awning. Making/buying one is definitely on my list once mine is functional.
I have been pondering about a screen door too. The best I can come up with is using window screen frame parts(aluminum frame with snap in corner brackets) and just making a removal screen that has to be stored.

I forgot to mention I was consider a screen for just the upper section

I missed the Eco-Temp. Those are very interesting. I like the idea of hot water on demand instead of heating 6 gallons which you may not use up. Much less efficient..... How do you shower? Ever done that in the camper or always out?
Ever thought of using those "magic mesh screens" which seem to attach with velcro and have magnets that snap back after you walk through? I had one and it worked well except the sticky velcro did not like the sun beating on it so had to attach with screw.....

we have used a screen on a roll up blind core with magnets at the bottom and small steel plates on the rim. it's not perfect..but it's worked ok for 45+ years...I'll put up with it

I think it was the original screen in the camper when it was purchased....the bottom rail on the screen fits in between the sections like a glove.

The 58 I'm disassembling has a similar screen but it has it's own carrier for the roll-up...which is suffering old age syndrome.

the awning will be mounted on the bottom of the top section...that extrusion is 4" wide which may interfere with the electrical plug at the driver front...but the motor for the EIDE is on the top of the top section...actually above the top section on the rack

Make it work...that's an interesting "bat wing" awning ;)

Back
Top Bottom