New Compressor

chnlisle

Post Master
Well I finally pulled the trigger and got a new 12compressor on ebay. I've been using a tiny Hadley air horn compressor for several years and it takes for ever to air back up with it. The Puma 12 volt has a one gallon tank and the whole thing measures about 14X14X6 and weighs round 30 pounds. From what I've read it is the same unit as a Viair for twice the price and no tank.

After breaking it in (20 mins 0 load) I dumped the air out of one of my 285x75x17 BFG AT's down to 30 lbs and aired it back up to 65 in less than 40 seconds with a full tank. With an empty tank it took between 1 min and 1min 30 sec.

It comes without gator clips or hose. I used the hose from told unit and got a set of 10 gauge jumpers from Harbor Fright for 15 bucks. Cheaper than buying the cable and clips and making it myself. Cut it in half and spliced it onto the compressor and Voila!!

This thing gets very high marks from all that use it and the people I bought it from (Buzzard Gulch) are very nice.

Attachments

• puma 12v.JPG
    puma 12v.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 323
Well I finally pulled the trigger and got a new 12compressor on ebay. I've been using a tiny Hadley air horn compressor for several years and it takes for ever to air back up with it. The Puma 12 volt has a one gallon tank and the whole thing measures about 14X14X6 and weighs round 30 pounds. From what I've read it is the same unit as a Viair for twice the price and no tank.

After breaking it in (20 mins 0 load) I dumped the air out of one of my 285x75x17 BFG AT's down to 30 lbs and aired it back up to 65 in less than 40 seconds with a full tank. With an empty tank it took between 1 min and 1min 30 sec.

It comes without gator clips or hose. I used the hose from told unit and got a set of 10 gauge jumpers from Harbor Fright for 15 bucks. Cheaper than buying the cable and clips and making it myself. Cut it in half and spliced it onto the compressor and Voila!!

This thing gets very high marks from all that use it and the people I bought it from (Buzzard Gulch) are very nice.

Country of Origin ?

Taiwan like the rest of them unless you want to pay $900.00 for an air up compressor. It will handle a small impact wrench too. Its the same compressor they use for those air bags you love so much.

This or a Co2 Tank for the 2005 4 Runner???

Opinions----------?

Compressor.

I've both Nitrogen and CO2 tank in garage. Tire fill with CO2 loose pressure faster than plain air or Nitrogen despite what the CO2 tank vendor's site said. Couple guys have the same experience. After finding out this I got a little compressor from Costco.

Taiwan like the rest of them unless you want to pay $900.00 for an air up compressor. It will handle a small impact wrench too. Its the same compressor they use for those air bags you love so much.

I know that, I just wanted to hear you say it.

Salty, I live to serve. Have a few ribs for me.

gsb, I am a charter member of the KISS club. It will sit in the back seat on the floor when we go camping.

Pat ditto gsb, on board is nice but since it is used sparingly and I'm not out there using it for other things I think it will stay married and used as is. I do love the way the on board set up looks though.

Back
Top Bottom