New Custom Ocelot

dsrtrat

I purchased a one year old custom Ocelot from ATC a couple of months ago. It was made shorter than normal for a short bed Chevy. The original purchaser was not able to use it so it was offered at a discount. Great guys to work with and excellent customer service from ATC.

It fits great on my 2007 Silverado and allows me to keep the tailgate on. I was unsure it I would use it with the tailgate on but like the table and platform that the tailgate provides. It took a while to get used to the look, but it is a lot lighter than my ATC Panther standard build.

I wanted to keep it simple this time and after living with the standard build in the Panther decided what I didn't want for my type of camping.

I took a modular approach with bins that I can pre load for the type of trip and sport I am going to do and not carry the extra weight around as the camper is on full time.

I installed a Propex heater with an external propane bottle that I will only take when the heater may be needed and 100 watts of solar. The heater and electronics are housed in the rear area and I built a bunk that folds up to allow storage underneath.
So far everything is working well and I really like the lower drag and lighter weight of the Ocelot, fuel mileage went up 2mpg as well.

Dsrtrat

Attachments

• P1020224.JPG
    P1020224.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 566
  • P1020208.JPG
    P1020208.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 484
  • P1020214.JPG
    P1020214.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 401
A couple more interior shots.
Dsrtrat

Attachments

• P1020213.JPG
    P1020213.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 361
  • P1020219.JPG
    P1020219.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 369
Nice and simple. The Propex heater I especially like - small size but plenty of heat for an Ocelot.

Nice setup. I like the net storage on the wall idea. We use a similar approach with removeable bins. We have benches on both sides and the action packers ride on the floor. They go outside or in the truck when we camp.

Pretty nice set-up. I like what you mentioned in your original post. Plenty of storage and you can keep the unit extremely light when you are not camping. I also like the fact that because you have so much storage space that you should never have anything on the floor in the way.

I have a fully loaded Hawk with a GMC 1/2 ton. The GF loves the home away from home feel, but it's a bit heavy to keep on full time. I'm within my payload, but I don't really need to be hauling a kitchen around 365, so I take it off. I would probably keep a shell on full time. They all have their +'s and -'s

Back
Top Bottom