New Engel INSTALLED!

randygirl

Hello,

So I have to have good refrigeration for a few reasons and after reading upon the forums and doing some other research, the Engel looked like the way to go.

Lucky for me the Engel warehouse is only a 3 hour drive from my house....

They make a front open Engel that is AC/DC and one that is just DC . It fits PERFECT in the ice box hole on my 2002 Hawk!!

All I need to do is figure out the wiring and I will be set.

I'll get some pictures later today!!

I was leaning towards the MT45, but with 2 dogs (one 80 pounds one 50 pounds) it just took up too much space on the floor! This is perfect....

It took awhile cause I had to wait for the right size vent cover to come in the mail!! But, my new Engel is installed and works awesome. The pics aren't great, but it's all I have.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7VBahEVkH-COlcI400UJvQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b2cga7soPnsXFv0Xw062Tw?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vLC3rwrRUYrpyRESfPO3tg?feat=directlink

After destroying about thirty dollars worth of food coming back from the rally, I'm more determined than ever to get one. Looks good.

Was it the Engel SB70 by chance?

Was there any modifications that you needed to do to make it fit?

It looks great and I need to do this...

Thanks for the write up and pics.

Frank

Was it the Engel SB70 by chance?

Was there any modifications that you needed to do to make it fit?

It looks great and I need to do this...

Thanks for the write up and pics.

Frank

Hi Frank

It was the SR 70 which is the AC/Dc one. The SB 70 is just DC.

They are the same otherwise. I needed to take one sode of the molding strip off and cut the second hole off the bottom bracket things that screw into the side and bottom of hole.

Otherwise, it was a perfect fit. I also cut the vent hole. Seems to work great!!

Randy

Is it possible to run these Engels off of a solar system???? I guess the real question is does the 85 watt solar panel offered by FWC supply enough electricity to keep the Engel happy without running down the campers battery?

If not....how big of a solar system is necessary to keep the fridge running 24/7 without battery depletion?

Leadsled9, I do not know the answer to your question. I have the 85 watt solar panel and one battery. I planned on connecting another battery (I guess it is as simple as connecting it in parallel) once I did the fridge install.

Maybe Randy can comment on that.

Frank

Leadsled9, I do not know the answer to your question. I have the 85 watt solar panel and one battery. I planned on connecting another battery (I guess it is as simple as connecting it in parallel) once I did the fridge install.

Maybe Randy can comment on that.

Frank

I was told from Engel when I went to pick up the fridge that an 80 watt panel would run the fridge.

I haven't gotten that far yet....

Randy

Back
Top Bottom