New Four Wheel Campers Web Site "Coming Soon" !

Stan@FourWheel

We are having a web designer create & build a complete "new & improved" web site for us.

We have known for quite some time that the FWC web site needed help and to be revamped.

They just started laying everything out yesterday, and we are now gathering content to put on the new site.

BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THE SITE BETTER !!

Please e-mail me directly at ... stan@fourwh.com OR add your comments to this post.

What would you like to see on a new FWC web site ?

What changes have you wished for ?

What information or questions have you had when reseacrhing our campers, but haven't been able to find on our web site ?

We are also looking for some customer testimonials and pictures from "happy campers" using a four wheel pop-up camper out in the field.

Look forward to hearing from onyone that is willing to help us out.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated !

Thanks so Much !!!

Stan Kennedy

stan@fourwh.com

New product videos, walk thrus of all the models (not just the Hawk), a QTVR of the interior.

A history of FWC page. The evolution of the FWC from Dave Rowe's original design. It's actually a really interesting story.

You should also include a modifications page with examples from this forum and Expedition Portal. The air conditioner mods, drawer mods, electrical mods, DLN's dinette mod etc.

kcwyo's review of his Ranger II on the Expedition portal site should also be linked to. His review will sell FWC's!

Link to ATC site. Just kidding....

How about adding a built in calculator to the price list? That way, as a customer clicks on the options they want it will show how much the camper of their dreams will cost. Then they can add or subtract options to suit their budget.

On an unrelated note how about some upholstery options.? Blue may not be everyone's favorite color.

Cheers,

Mike

I thought the videos were a good idea but too long. Could each model be shown with 'hot spots' that would bring up pictures (perhaps with written descriptions) of features you want to emphasize. Couple that with a 360 of the inside and a 360 of the outside. I think I would organize the site according to size of vehicle used to carry the camper and keep the fitment page around for older campers. If you own a ----- then get directed to the correct camper for the vehicle. Let a sidebar TOC handle detail stuff like fitment for older campers, videos, etc. The idea is to let the viewer navigate quickly to the place s/he wants, but to have the initial view of the site geared to the new possible buyer. Each model should have a calculator to figure the price with options. Might not be a bad idea to add a calculator for tare weight plus options.

I agree with the idea of an order form calculator. And the suggestion of a weight calculator as well. One of the things I've always disliked is the options page(s). How about a page for options that actually shows each option as it is installed, with all the specs to go with it. Not a hyperlink that redirects you to the manufacturers website. That is very annoying. Better, higher quality photos. Keep all the links to other pages located in one place on one tool bar. Simple is better. When you do click on a button for another page, make it go to that page. Not open a new browser window (maybe except for the order form). That is very annoying also. You end up getting lost as to where you're at on the site. I think a page that shows more indepth descriptions and pictures during the different construction phases would be nice. I like the idea of a FWC history page as well.

Unrelated to the website design, possibly some changes to the options are in order. I agree there should be more than one option for cloth selection. I really like the concept of the "Overland" as a package deal. Why can't the upgrades made to it be offered as upgraded options? For example, if I ever get around to ordering a new FWC, I would want a Keystone shell model with the upgraded "Overland" furnace and a cassette toilet. If these are already possibilities, then show it. A person should not have to call the factory to see if what they want made is possible.

Tom

Stan, I have a 1991 FWC on a 1985 K5 Blazer. Have written in a couple times for information on this camper with no success. It would be nice to have access to information on your past builds.

We are having a web designer create & build a complete "new & improved" web site for us.

We have known for quite some time that the FWC web site needed help and to be revamped.

They just started laying everything out yesterday, and we are now gathering content to put on the new site.

Please e-mail me directly at ... stan@fourwh.com OR add your comments to this post.

What information or questions have you had when reseacrhing our campers, but haven't been able to find on our web site ?

We are also looking for some customer testimonials and pictures from "happy campers" using a four wheel pop-up camper out in the field.

Thanks so Much !!!

Stan Kennedy

stan@fourwh.com

Attachments

• Camp at the Keyhole.jpg
    Camp at the Keyhole.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 161
Stan:

I always liked to see inside photos of the campers. There are lots of outside shots. it think a smaller collection of outside photos and some inside photos would be all you need. Another section with users pictures might then be OK. A bit overwhelming when shopping if there are soooo many photos. Also, photos with people inside to get a look at what the spatial dimensions would be nice. I know, makes it look smaller. But, more useful. Maybe these could go in the users sections and not product photos.

Also, more consistent and better photos of all the options you guys have.

Just my 2 cents.

dave in seattle

Stan:
Keeping up with the latest innovations would be my main concern. We only learned about the face to face seating option by visiting the factory and it is still not on the web site. It is definitely the way to go in our view.
Jack and Danielle

Stan,
I loved the list of improvements you folks have added. But I don't see photos of the new FLEET model. Also, can you order an exterior shower w/o a water heater so I can just hose off dirty flip-flops instead of having to buy a water heater? Love the idea of the Engel 2 way fridge but how much is it? Photos of the dinette as well. Basically as others have stated I would like to see more interior shots with a person inside so as to get scale.

Also, can you order an exterior shower w/o a water heater so I can just hose off dirty flip-flops instead of having to buy a water heater?

You could just hook up a hose and sprayer to the water tank drain...

can you call me with your postal mailing address and just remind me at the time who you are ?

800-242-1442

or you can e-mail me your postal mailing address at ... stan@fourwh.com

I can mail you the old owners manual for the Blazer Models.

thanks

:)

==============================================================

Stan, I have a 1991 FWC on a 1985 K5 Blazer. Have written in a couple times for information on this camper with no success. It would be nice to have access to information on your past builds.

Hello Whitely

Thanks for the additional information.

YES, we can add the outside shower (without hot water), for $ 150.00.

The outside shower is a great option to have, even if you don't get the hot water heater.

More information coming soon !

:)

=========================================================================

Stan,
I loved the list of improvements you folks have added. But I don't see photos of the new FLEET model. Also, can you order an exterior shower w/o a water heater so I can just hose off dirty flip-flops instead of having to buy a water heater? Love the idea of the Engel 2 way fridge but how much is it? Photos of the dinette as well. Basically as others have stated I would like to see more interior shots with a person inside so as to get scale.

A parts section would be nice. Online ordering of latches, key locks, drain spigot, etc......

Dang Stan, ask and you receive :)

Detailed frame drawings and measurements so we who want to bolt stuff on know where the framework is.

Quote: " Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:19 PM
We are having a web designer create & build a complete "new & improved" web site for us."

Over a month when is the new site going on line??

Bill

I'm working with the designer on this some and we're really trying to put out the best website we can. These things take time to get right. I won't put a time frame on anything as we're coordinating several different schedules and getting the information together to present a great new look.

This project is not just at the top of the to-do list, but it's at the tip top of the to-do-right list. Rest assured, our best efforts will be reflected when the site goes online sooner than later.

We appreciate the interest and enthusiasm in the new website. We're looking forward to seeing the final product too! :cool:

Stan,

Overall, I have been pretty happy with your website. Let me just tell you what areas I consistently looked at before I bought my camper from you:

* Looked at photos of campers on various kinds of trucks (trying to decide which truck & which camper)
* Looked at photos of inside of campers as I was trying to decide which one to buy
* Repeatedly looked at specifications of each camper (buying decisions)
* Repeatedly looked at prices and options trying to make decisions
* After purchase, I was looking at manuals you had posted (very important)

I'd be happy to be a voice of 'happy customer'. I love my camper which I bought from you about 2 years ago.

Chris (aka Yukon)

Thanks so Much !!!

Stan Kennedy

stan@fourwh.com

Posted in September. Do you have a date when the new site will be up??

Still working on it billharr... We're still 4 people trying to consolidate our efforts and time, along with meeting our other responsibilities & travel schedules, over the holiday season.

Are you just anxious to see it, or do you have product questions? I'm sure Stan would be glad to answer any questions you may have that the current site might not answer.

We've seen a preview of the layout of the new site and it looks good. We're currently adding content to fill the pages which takes time to do it right. We appreciate your interest and hope you will enjoy the new site when it debuts soon!

Back
Top Bottom