New FWC-Hawk

SoCalBombero

Hello, I am new to the forum and wanted to stop by and say hi. I just got back from my camper install at the FWC Factory in Woodland. I couldn't be happier the way the camper came out, I am thoroughly satisfied.

The staff is very welcoming and the facility is clean and organized. The process was painless, I showed up at noon and within a few hours my camper was installed and I had a thorough understanding of the camper's components and how they worked.

I have a 2014 Toyota Tundra - Double Cab - SR 5 with only a couple thousand miles on the truck. I can already tell that the Toyota and FWC combination is pretty awesome. Here is a pic of the drive home when I stopped to check the rig.

I hope to see you all out there soon!

Mike

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 453
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. With a avatar of Smokey the Bear you bring a high standard to follow. :)

Nice Christmas present

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

I have that same setup. Rides great especially when you put it in tow /haul mode

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Wander The West mobile app

I went with the front dinette, minus the toilet and shower. I wanted the extra space for storage and I don't mind taking a shower outdoors. I added the 160 W solar panel and the awning. Now I am getting my supplies and organizing my cabinets. Is there any supplies that are an absolute must have? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419799544.082582.jpg

billharr said:
Good bottle of wine and a bottle of good bourbon. ;)
SoCalBombero said:
I went with the front dinette, minus the toilet and shower. I wanted the extra space for storage and I don't mind taking a shower outdoors. I added the 160 W solar panel and the awning. Now I am getting my supplies and organizing my cabinets. Is there any supplies that are an absolute must have?
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419799544.082582.jpg
I got the same for my 2014 Hawk. In the process of adding 2 100 watt solar panels with Tri-Metric monitor and SC-2030 solar charger. Also installed 40# lift assist struts front and back. Highly recommend that. Retired NCB and former SCB. Have a good bombero story.

How large is the gap between the cabover and the cab? I have a '14 Tundra also and really had a hard time choosing between FWC and Hallmark. I added OME suspension front and rear which really carries the camper weight well.

My must haves are: stovetop espresso maker, Helios camping chairs, 12V charger for the laptop.

Looks like a nice chair. Pricey though. I haven't seen those on the somewhat lengthy chair thread over on Expo. Gaps vary depending on your application.

The chairs are crazy expensive at $100. We bought them because they store away in a very small bag that can fit in a small space in the camper and are very light. We are trying to outfit the camper with mostly backpacking gear to keep the weight down.

We also really like the lithium iron phosphate (LiFePo4) battery pack /w Electrodacus BMS and Global Solar system that we added, but it would take another thread to discuss. These batteries also help keep the weight down.

Back
Top Bottom