New fwc ?!

dennis 221

I need to raise my hawk above truck rail bed to put my tail gate back on. Will my legs raise it high enough, or will I have to move my truck out from underneath it??!

dennis 221 said:
I need to raise my hawk above truck rail bed to put my tail gate back on. Will my legs raise it high enough, or will I have to move my truck out from underneath it??!
I’m thinking remove. I don’t think there will be enough travel on the jacks. And if there is may be a little scary having the camper that high in the air. I’m sure some more experienced guys will help. May be helpful to list your complete setup. Truck, year, etc.
Wayne

dennis 221 said:
I agree with Coldwater. You will have to move the truck. I don't believe there are any Jacks that will lift that high and if there was I would be wary in lifting the camper that high anyways.

First question: How high will you have to lift the tailgate to put it on? On my F-250, I have to raise the tailgate almost all the way vertical to take it off or put it on. Find someone with a similar truck and measure.

Second question: How high will the corner jacks raise your camper? Check the manufacturer's web site to find out the maximum extension of your legs. Raise one leg all the way and measure the distance to the ground to the find out how much of the maximum extension is used just to reach the ground. Is the remaining extension enough to get the camper high enough to install the tailgate?

Maybe you think you could put some blocks under the four corner jacks to get some extra height if the jacks don't extend enough. But maybe that's not such a good idea if you'd need more than an extra inch or two. In any event, BE CAREFUL.

Back
Top Bottom