New guy in Colorado

Frank

Hello all, I purchased a 2010 FWC Grandby from Go Anywhere in WI in June. I am very pleased with the camper so far and have been out every weekend. I have the gas leak problem and my girl, in an attempt to help me, tighten the valve down too tight and broke the green attachement. No problem, I will pickup another one. I have been reading about the propane leak (I have the smell and the dector goes off every time) and will do the soap and water test to check everything. I also damaged my Awning pretty good when I went vertical during a storm. It took the stakes right out of the ground. It is a Lesson Learned for sure. The Awning is functional again, after some repairs, but does not look that great LOL... (I thin kI will buy a new one soon)

I have nothing but good things to say about the Four Wheel Camper and Go Anywhere LCC where I bought it.

I searched for a camper for about 6 years. I looked at everything from 5th Wheels, Class C, Toy Haulers and slide-ins. I wish I found out about FWC sooner but late is better than never. The videos on the FWC site really helped me understand about the camper. I had many questions as this is my first camper of any kind. Our intention was to use it during the fall and spring when it is a little cold to tent camp but I am really looking forward to winter to see how the furnace and Artic option does.

I know of some mods I will make like a 12volt fridge (ice box right now) and maybe an awning for the rear of the camper. I made a shower from a write up on another forum and it is working fine, I worked out some of the details this weekend.

Thanks for the forum and all the great information.

Frank
Fountain Colorado
2010 Granby
2004 Ford F250

A few pics. First one is at Eleven Mile Colorado and the second is at Lathorp Colorado while the last shows the damage the Colorado wind can do if you are stupid like me.

DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG

Welcome to WtW Frank. I'm just down the road in Pueblo.

Next time you put up the awning be sure to run cord from the tops of the poles and stake them down very well. Or just don't put the thing out if it looks like big wind!!

Stew

Thanks Stew, I usually do just what you say and bring it in during high winds but that storm got to me too quick. No matter, I fixed the gas line today and will look to order some parts from the manufacture of the awning... It will be as good as new in no time.

Thanks Overland Hadley

Here is a very bad video showing the damage to the awning.

It appears I can set the replacement parts no problem. The only thing really damaged was my pride.

Welcome. Good to see more Colorado peeps!

We're just up the road in the Vail Valley.

Happy trails!

mtn

Thanks Stew, I usually do just what you say and bring it in during high winds but that storm got to me too quick. No matter, I fixed the gas line today and will look to order some parts from the manufacture of the awning... It will be as good as new in no time.

After some wind caught the unsecured awning of a friend's Sports Mobile and ripped the bolts right out through the steel sides of his van, I got the picture. Those awnings are just big sails that need to secured to the ground at as many points as possible.

Good luck on getting the awning repaired! I use mine all the time in these CO afternoon showers.

Stew

Thanks Stew, they do come in handy...

mtn-high.. Thanks, this forum seems like the place to be.

I hope I get to meet you all some day...

Frank

I haven't bought a camper yet, but when I do I think I will skip the awning and instead get a less expensive stand alone sun shade/bug screen tent.

The only thing really damaged was my pride.

Shoot, that's nuthin'... just wait until you drive off from your campsite and you realize you forgot to fasten your roof clamps! Kinda hard to save face in front of your pals when your soft-sides are bulging out, billowing in the wind like a parachute off a drag car... Not that it has ever happened to me.... ;)

Welcome to the forum Frank!

Thank for the welcome kcowyo...

We stopped in NE, on our way back to CO, after picking up the camper in WI from Go Anywhere and the first night was a learning experience. We had no propane, I had no idea how to get the porta potti ready and of course no water... The next day I forgot to put the bungees in that hold the sides when lowering the top and coupld not figure out why it worked so well in WI.... LOL

This weekend will be the first weekend we have not been out since the purchase (late June) and I am kind of bummed...

We are loving this Granby... I almost got the Keystone but we are so new to this I really only had a couple of requirements and the Granby fits the bill....

Getting the better half to use the porta potti was a little work but after a few days in the Gunnison National Forrest she came around LOL..

Frank

Thank for the welcome kcowyo...

We stopped in NE, on our way back to CO, after picking up the camper in WI from Go Anywhere and the first night was a learning experience. We had no propane, I had no idea how to get the porta potti ready and of course no water... The next day I forgot to put the bungees in that hold the sides when lowering the top and coupld not figure out why it worked so well in WI.... LOL

This weekend will be the first weekend we have not been out since the purchase (late June) and I am kind of bummed...

We are loving this Granby... I almost got the Keystone but we are so new to this I really only had a couple of requirements and the Granby fits the bill....

Getting the better half to use the porta potti was a little work but after a few days in the Gunnison National Forrest she came around LOL..

Frank

Back
Top Bottom