New Hawk has landed

gsbfree

Contributors
It's official...our new Hawk was delivered LATE Thursday night. This forum has been so helpful when we were initially evaluating the merits of acquiring a FWC. Additionally, I can't say enough good about Stan @ FWC. Buying something like this sight unseen, well, for me, it was a leap of faith but Stan was great to work with.

Getting the Hawk delivered to Boise was interesting. Stan called and said we could get it delivered but it would have to be transported to the Riverside CA facility, then travel to Calgary Canada with three Six-Pack campers, then back down to Boise. It was a day late due to weather in Canada, the delay about killed me. The driver/installer from FWC really made an extra effort to get to Boise and not require me to wait a second day. By the time the install was completed it was after 11:00 pm...kudo's to Kirk for working overtime!!! These guys are great!

IMG00101.jpg

Even though I've only had possession for a couple of days I've gone over the fit and finish in detail. I'm extremely pleased with FWC's quality of the workmanship, even the bottom of the drawers are rounded and sanded. All the grooves and joints are matched, no gaps or no cracks, compared to traditional RV workmanship....there is no comparison!

Based on comments from this forum we decided to order the Hawk without the standard Ice Box or Refridgerator so we could have additional storage options. I was a little unsure how the look and functionality would turn out but once I saw the finished product I was pleased with the results, and, the increase in valuable storage capacity is significant.

5555.JPG

We can't wait to get our gear moved in and head out on it's maiden voyage. Thanks again everyone for contributing your knowledge and experience to this forum.

Congratulations and all the best, you're going to love the comfort of your new rig. If I had it to do again I think I'd leave the fridge out and somehow add an Engel.

Congrats, nice to see another Double Cab Tundra here. Looks like you've got some serious storage capacity there!:thumb:

Interior Closet/storage pictures

Here's a few interior pictures to illustrate how the storage area turned out.
storage closet 1a.jpg
storage closet 2a.jpg
storage closet 3a.jpg

The footprint area is 19"x21" which is unfortunately too small to fit a Engel MT35 or 45 fridge/freezer. If the storage area was actually extended so it was flush with the propane tank storage box underneath I think an Engel fridge would fit nicely. Maybe this could be a design consideration for the future.

My plan is to use our 5 day cooler for now. Ultimately I want an Engel on board somewhere.

At this point we don't know exactly how we're going to configure the storage closet. I think we'll use the camper for 6 months or so to get a good feel how everything fits together before I do something permenant.

GSB,

Nice looking rig..do you have the extended cab over on that camper??

We use our ex-icebox storage area for all of our bedding.Its almost like a big stuff bag, roll everything up and stuff if in the cabinet. Bedding for two adults and two kids, no problem..

Have fun with your new baby!!

TT

Back
Top Bottom