New Hawk

RnK

Advanced Member
I was about to reply to a post and realized that I should probably first check in and say a big THANK YOU! for all of the great information about FWC ownership imparted in this forum - it's been invaluable.

My wife and I retired early this year and, having decided that a Hawk was the way to go, went out and bought a 2004 Tundra to put it on (on which to put it?). We ordered the Hawk Shell from Denny at the Jackson Hole dealership right after the Overland Expo in Flagstaff. We took delivery on July 24 and took it on a shakedown cruise on the way home and it fulfilled all our expectations (including the hard bed, thanks for the warning). In a few days we'll begin the interior build (a front dinette and not a whole lot more). I don't know my way around forums very well but I will take some pictures along the way and try to post them at some time.

Once again, thanks much for all the info and advice (and inspiration!).

Let me be the first of many to welcome you to the forum!

Good choice of vehicles in which to haul the hawk too...

Have fun in your build.

Welcome to WTW. :)
If you have any trouble with posting photos on WTW, let me know.

Congratulations on the new Hawk. Looking forward to your build thread. Lots of good information on WTW.

Bill

Welcome to the fold. There are many of us that like the Hawk/tundra combo. I hope you like yours as much as I do mine. But we need pictures!!!!

RnK, congrats on the Hawk and on having plenty of time to enjoy it!

Timothy McGowen said:
I plan on buying a Hawk when I retire…. I still have to convince my wife to let me.
Timothy- It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :unsure:

RnK welcome to the family and retirement.
We look forward to your post on your build. The moderators and members can help you add pictures and links.
Happy Camping.

Thanks all, for the generous welcome. I'll toss in a couple of pics of the Hawk on the initial shakedown cruise.
Here's what came on it:
Jacks and brackets
2 Solar plugs
12v outlets
Furnace and propane
Fantastic fan and extra roof vent
Rear wall steps
Additional driver's side window
Privacy curtains
Aux. battery system
Gas struts (4)
All pretty standard it seems with the possible exception of the driver's side window. Don't know that I've seen too many in posted pictures but we wanted the extra light and view.

Attachments

• LaBarge.jpg
    LaBarge.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 238
  • Madison River.jpg
    Madison River.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 234
Labarge and Madison River. I'm surprised you, a camera guy didn't look at pic names. That a Ranger station in the second pic?

Yes, that is LaBarge Meadows near the headwaters of Greys River in Wyoming and a campground on the Madison River in Montana. The structures I think you're refering to, craig333, are houses in a little development across the river from the campground. We had a choice of not seeing the development or not seeing the river.

Back
Top Bottom