New here, Looking for some advice on a camper

To the best of my knowledge, those cross beams are just attached to the floor, not into structural framing. I could be wrong on that. I think it is there just to keep the floor off the truck bed.

Oh, you're probably right. I didn't pay much attention to it once the dealer said it wasn't a problem to walk on the floor.

I'm in the proceeds of building a storage jig and will limit any movement inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

My Alaskan flatbed built in 2015 onto an XP aluminum flatbed on a long dodge. ImageUploadedByWander The West1453309759.362927.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Florida,
That is one good looking camper. You have a great camper setup. I love the flat bed Alaskan's that Brian does. My father has a 10 ft flatbed and it's a wonderful setup. Enjoy!

Ten feet would have been luxurious, but I didn't want to give up the cabinet and spare tire set-up that I had already paid for. Having the crew cab gives me tons of secure space but lengthens the truck - it comes to nearly 24 feet! If I could live in a shorter vehicle I would just for off-road capability. This is my second home. I need the space.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom