New passes required at Glacier NP>

billharr

Glacier National Park Ticketed Entry

Glacier National Park

Near West Glacier, Montana

(0)0 reviews

Come and experience Glacier's pristine forests, alpine meadows, rugged mountains, and spectacular lakes. Entry Tickets are required for the Going-to-the-Sun Road (GTSR), which can be reserved from this page. Visitors must also have a park entrance pass, which can be reserved in advance from the Glacier National Park site pass page. An entrance pass is required to enter Glacier National Park. Your GTSR entry ticket does not include an entrance pass and the entrance pass does not serve as a GTSR entry ticket. Both are required.

https://www.recreation.gov/timed-entry/10087086?fbclid=IwAR0Nhan2Cp-VvwIQgjRbnE6YL3Knj4mxQfp7e-pAlzhPwxkuAsh9jvtoFwE

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I wonder if this is the new trend for the future or just due to Covid?
Lots of new visitors using the parks.
Frank
Unfortunately it is starting to look like a trend at National Parks.

Bill- Thanks for the info. If Canada doesn't open up I'm head for Glacier later this year.

The crowds on that road are about as bad as i have ever witnessed. A friend has a cabin off of Highway 2, and while i will visit him, i will not drive the road anymore unless i start before sunrise. With this new wrinkle i may be done for a while, other great areas around there, the huge uptick in the "overlanding" world is a primary driving force, plus bus loads of tourists, many from other countries. Going to be a rough summer around all of the parks, was just outside of Arches, Bryce, Capital Reef and Canyon Lands, only the needles district of Canyon Lands was sane. I live north or Yellowstone, i won't be in the park at all after May. Even at sunrise it's crazy.

On our trip to Glacier we used the shuttle bus.
Why drive you don't get to see anything.
The bus was great and FREE.
I guess people just want to drive to say they did it.
We have driven our share of "can of worms" mountain roads,
most right here in the Sierras.

Have fun out there.I don't mind planning ahead for some of these places.
That way we are assured of a place to rest our heads.
It takes a lot of the strain out of the trip.

Some places still don't need to be planned out though.
Frank

We had reservations outside the park and the few hundred tickets to enter the park were sold out in minutes. Our trip was centered around a wedding in Bozeman with a week before in the Winds and the week after at Glacier NP and surroundings. With the uncertainty of being able to obtain the $2 entry ticket we've cancelled that portion of our trip and hope the Canadian border opens up. It's all just as well as I wasn't very keen on going to a major NP in peak season anyway.

I have been blessed to have been to the popular National Parks numerous times from the 1950s; I can leave them for the newbies to experience.
I just wish the National Park Service would use something other than first come-first serve to hand out reservations. It gives way to much advantage to the computer savvy. Also for them to give priority to those visiting for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom