New rig for the family......Ford F350 Crew Long, Hallmark.

airborne

Picked up this 1997 F350 Crew long 7.3 just a few weeks ago, shortly after found a 1994 Hallmark Truck bed camper in brand new NOS condition, still in factory wrapping, very bizarre !! good timing i guess !! we were looking at new TC in the 30K range...yikes !! wife will not go in a used camper...yikes !! this hallmark was the perfect answer for our family.

e4e55e95.jpg

So.....I am selling our Four Wheel Camper 2001 Ranger model off of "Grumpy"
Anyone interested, please email for details. camper is located in Colorado:
Book4web@yahoo.com
P3171174.jpg

So.....I am selling our Four Wheel Camper 2001 Ranger model off of "Grumpy"
Anyone interested, please email for details. camper is located in Colorado:
Book4web@yahoo.com
P3171174.jpg

I know the guy in Texas did not have it long enough to use the camper. He seemed to have the camper off and might have used the truck as a race truck...Sorry about his apparent abuse on the clutch. Driving around here and leaving he just was not getting the flow of shifting.

Ranger was great for us, Let me know if I can help answer any questions. We bought it new in 2001 and should be in very new condition still. It was always garaged and brought out for vacations, cleaned and back into the insulated heated garage.

Here is the link as what it was when I sold it.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2285/

That truck is getting around....

I think "Grumpy" is staying and just the 2001 FWC Ranger is being sold. Airborne should have no problems selling the camper in the new condition it is in.

Hey pvstoy,
You are correct, truck is staying in the stable....really don't care if the FWC does not sell, if it does it does, I have it priced to go though @ $5500.

The clutch was not abused, just tearing at the bracket where it connected at the firewall, I had a custom bracket made to carry the clutch, had a new master installed, shorted throw now with a much more user friendly feel. AWESOME !! you rock Patrick, truck is still flawless. I have plans for the rig without the camper in the back.

Bobby basically used the truck to go to the Liquor store when his wife didn't give him the key's to the GTR

thx.

I think "Grumpy" is staying and just the 2001 FWC Ranger is being sold. Airborne should have no problems selling the camper in the new condition it is in.

See if a turbo model brake booster, think around ~84-85 with 4 cylinder engine. If the diameter will fit then you will have more boost for the brakes. That was on my list.

Did not see the possiblity of the firewall being the weak link. Thanks for the feedback.

@ $5500.00 that is a great deal for the camper should go quick!

Hmmmmm, should I poach the brake booster off my 22RET custom cab.

I really have not had an issue with the brakes, they seem perfectly suited for "grumpy" the way you have them setup

I’m impressed with quality and condition of your collection. I would hate to scalp out the booster from a fine truck just to see what benefit would be gained…but…hum…

I like the trailer behind you new camper and truck. RTT, bike carrier, and storage.

Nice Custom Cab RTE! Let me know when your ready to part with that one! Here is my 86 RTE with FWC Ranger II. These trucks are perfect for a pop up.

CWD

dscn0743g.jpg

cwdtmmrs,
Nice looking setup, what year is the truck and camper ? is your a ranger model, I like the way the back looks. Can you post up more photo's.

Hey PVSTOY,
I think you mentioned you never drove the truck sans Camper ? took the camper out of the truck for the first time today,,,,,,,OMG the truck is fun, very usable HP / TQ

a776eceb.jpg

Hey PVSTOY,
I think you mentioned you never drove the truck sans Camper ? took the camper out of the truck for the first time today,,,,,,,OMG the truck is fun, very usable HP / TQ

I only had the camper off once with the small block 400 and was only for 1 mile each direction. With the long rods that engine is stroked with more torque. Be thankful the rear traction bars are doing its job. As the engine builder told me…this is the closest you’ll get to a big block. It is a race engine. Bobby asked me if he could run high octane racing fuel…you can see where he was headed….

But with the 1 ton dodge NV4500 transmission it is not something you can speed shift.

You were probably having so much fun with your foot in it with a grin ear to ear,
smile.gif
did you notice how the rear suspension ride was without the added weight of the camper?

The rear brake bias valve under the master is set for having rear bias brake for the weight on the back. If you are going to not have the camper on then the rear won’t need that much.

pv,
I don't drive it hard at all, just noticed a big gain in HP without the camper on the way home from work tonight (left the camper at work, came out fairly easy) yes...ton's of TQ......the new clutch bracket and FJ40 master made a huge difference with the clutch feel, L1 Automotive in Berthoud Co. did a great custom job. Very pleased !!

Tell you what though, I have had some very good times in the rig complete with camper this summer....had a hard time taking it out of the truck...pretty attached to it. Might sell something else to keep the camper. Interested in a mint condition 1974 Hilux with 40,000 original miles...?

quote "You were probably having so much fun with your foot in it with a grin ear to ear,Posted Image did you notice how the rear suspension ride was without the added weight of the camper? "

Man, truck barely moved when I took the camper out, I was amazed. Ride quality is awesome without the camper. I am used to stiff suspension street cars though.

did you ever use the Tail gate on this truck ?? thing is brand new, I am guessing it was a wall hanging in your home !! I ordered some new/ NOS SR5 Decals for the truck, I will forward a few photo's when they are installed. Also found some white wagon wheels like these. do you still have the original wheels:
81-83%204X4%20SR5%20800.jpg

I only had the camper off once with the small block 400 and was only or 1 mile each direction. With the long rods that engine is stroked with more torque. Be thankful the rear traction bars are doing its job. As the engine builder told me…this is the closest you’ll get to a big block. It is a race engine. Bobby asked me if he could run high octane racing fuel…you can see where he was headed….

But with the 1 ton dodge NV4500 transmission it is not something you can speed shift.

You were probably having so much fun with your foot in it with a grin ear to ear,
smile.gif
did you notice how the rear suspension ride was without the added weight of the camper?

The rear brake bias valve under the master is set for having rear bias brake for the weight on the back. If you are going to not have the camper on then the rear won’t need that much.

cwdtmmrs,
Nice looking setup, what year is the truck and camper ? is your a ranger model, I like the way the back looks. Can you post up more photo's.

The truck is a 1986 RTE and the camper is a Ranger II circa 1994. What other pics would you like to see? Here is a shot of the interior.

CWD

dscn0740v.jpg

I had the tailgate on until I bought the FWC fleet model mid ‘90s. After that it was wrapped and stored. I had the National Spring leaf packs made with lots of thin leaves to support the load and give a smooth ride quality. I bought the truck from the original owner through the Toyota dealer and it had 40,000 miles and already had aftermarket rims and tires, BFG M/T 31”.

I did like the combo with the FWC for the places you can go explore and camp anywhere. That ’74 Hilux that you showed a picture earlier in the year sure does look great.

CWD: your truck looks good and inside is in great shape.

pvstoy,
Picture without the camper and I will let this thread die. drove it again today, just couldn't get in anything else this morning. Happy Trails.

e215fc80.jpg

P9071349.jpg

I want your Corona?

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom