Extremely excited to pick up our new Swift shell today — installed on our 2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (bolt down install).

The guys at American RV near Portland did a great job. Jeff (and Bob) were outstanding to work with.

We opted for the shell to keep it as light - and open — as possible (this is, after all, a 5’ bed). It feels surprisingly spacious.

The only factory options we ordered were two fantastic fans and the silver spur interior. For those debating one or two, if you are in warm weather, get two! It was wonderful to test it out today as it was near 90 in Portland. The air flow was amazing.

We did have American RV install 2 FullRiver deep cycle 6 volt batteries, and the guys were nice enough to also hook up the rear solar plug so I could use my existing Renogy suitcase They even changed out the MC4 plugs on the Renogy to an SAE so I could use my solar right away. Seriously great guys!

For those unfamiliar with Frontiers, they are not known for gas mileage, so I was pretty happy to lose only one mpg on the way back vs. the trip over (80 miles each way). Also note that we did highway speeds and didn't hear any whistling or undue road noise.

Buildout plans: Not much. We do plan to install a table, and we have a Dometic CFX fridge and Porta Potti to place. Other than a couple of lightweight storage containers, that should do it.

Anyway, just had to share our excitement. If anyone wants to know anything about this shell/components, since it's so new, let me know. Otherwise, we'll see you on the (back) roads!

Attachments

• IMG_1724 (2).jpg
    IMG_1724 (2).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 336
Your "excitement" reminds me of mine when I got my Fleet. But I had a 1250 mile drive home to "dream" about it's use as soon as I could. Happy "popping".

Woo hoo FWDKC
Congrats on the camper as ski likes to say " The outdoors is calling " .
Looking forward to hearing of your first camp out. Yes it nice to hear a newbees excitement, reminds me the the excitement is still there.
Russ

Back
Top Bottom