NEW TO ME 2016 RAVEN

Jfos77

IMG_2242.jpg

First post, just picked this up today. After looking for some type of rv and not wanting to loose 4wd. This FourWH camper popped up on craigslist 1 mile down the road in Florida of all places, and it was the size for my truck exactly....

I'm looking for ideas on installing a roof rack, i see the ones they sell factory(yakima style), i like them but how do i install it , find the frame in the ceiling ? backing plates? do i need to take down the headliner inside?? Some one help.

thanks

Jeff from Florida

Hi Jeff

Grab a ladder and look on the roof of your camper for two black tracks running front to rear.

If you have these they are installed to carry Yakima brand crossbars.

You are a lucky fellow to find an FWC in the southeast.

David Graves

PS Some of the tracks run rear to front...... :) .

Also-

If you don't have the Yakima tracks, PokyBro has a good summary in this Instructions for Installing Yakima... thread. And, depending on what you're planning to put up there, you may also want to read about the artificial rain gutters option in this recent Moving headliner to install artificial gutters thread.

And there are lots of other Yakima and Thule threads you can find here on Wander The West.

PS- I spend a month or so in Florida most winters, living in the camper and moving every day. Love, love, LOVE it. This year we followed the Trail of Florida's Indian Heritage brochure to 45 of the 68 sites and had a great time.

Old Crow said:
Also-

If you don't have the Yakima tracks, PokyBro has a good summary in this Instructions for Installing Yakima... thread. And, depending on what you're planning to put up there, you may also want to read about the artificial rain gutters option in this recent Moving headliner to install artificial gutters thread.

And there are lots of other Yakima and Thule threads you can find here on Wander The West.

PS- I spend a month or so in Florida most winters, living in the camper and moving every day. Love, love, LOVE it. This year we followed the Trail of Florida's Indian Heritage brochure to 45 of the 68 sites and had a great time.

Hey thanks. there is some good info there for the yakima tracks, not difficult at all..

We are starting to cool down now in Florida, high 70s at night.... 85 in the day, I am ready for winter.

Welcome to the FWC world Jfos77 & good luck with your first project.

Quick question to you all. Are Yakima tracks compatible with Thule bases & feet packs for my Thule rack system?

Back
Top Bottom