New Truck thoughts for 2011 Eagle

Very enthusiastic article. Like looking through a candy store window. The price for the 4WD certainly is up there with the diesel. I guess I have to look at it as a truck I would have for a long time and see the $ curve actually more affordable in long term. I can't wait to take a test drive... bet they're lined up at the door. As I type this I see my 2001 Tacoma in the driveway and though it is slowly dissolving around the engine, it is still going. I believe it will die a sudden death one day and my decision will come on quickly. Best be prepared. .....like most FWC types I guess. Thanks for pointing out the news.

Chevy Vega was consumer report's car of the year. One year GE and Hotpoint were compared and Hotpoint was several levels down from GE. They were exactly alike, built in the same factory and warehoused together.

My mother in law has a new V6 Colorado. It's a nice truck but I feel the Tacoma has better fit and finish and build quality. Not to mention it drives better and has much better steering input.

Both are too expensive for what they are though. You can get a half ton for practically the same amount.

I like a small truck... gets me into tighter places and Not into "more" if not needed. Thinking about a diesel in a small truck. I wish Tacoma had one I'd go that route but it is not to be in a time when I'll have to make a decision..... probably 2017 model year. Will be good to hear how folks who bought the Durimax 2.8 think of it and a year should offer some insights.

Why is it that these small trucks available outside the US have such greater payloads than even the 1/2 ton full size pickups available here? Overly optimistic ratings there, US regulations, desire not to reduce full size sales, other?

Paul

I think it's because Americans want soft riding trucks in my opinion. Like my US version Troopers. We get the "soft ride" suspension.

I deleted the above post. I was incorrect on my info. And got corrected by an Isuzu friend in Indonesia. The Colorado and Isuzu Dmax share the platform. But the Dmax gets the Isuzu diesel and the Colorado gets an Italian VMMotori Engine.

What can I say open mouth change feet!

Having lived in Asia and South America, one big difference is the pollution law. The States has stricter emission laws and if you've seen the pictures from China's air pollution lately you can see why we have those rules. At times hard to breath. I'll take the clear skies over added hp. Frame and ride comments are right on... Man the trucks in South America drove..... Like trucks... No soft ride per se. Have a friend though in Ireland with a Hilux and it drove great, soft like a Tundra here. It must come down to market....

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

I sat in a friends Colorado just to check out the size. It looked nice from the outside but I thought the interior had way to much plastic and was not impressed. As I am looking for a larger truck I did not drive it but she said it was very peppy. It was a gasifier :)

Whenever the topic of the right truck for the job comes up, I like to point out that a Ford F350 SuperCab Shortbed 4x4 with gas engine is the answer. The size of the camper, where you drive, how many miles, etc. is pretty irrelevant. The Ford F350 is the answer. Most of the time it is even the answer to the question you haven't asked. It's the answer to the question you don't even know you need to ask. It's that good.

I know there are 4+ pages of answers here, so I have to apologize for not posting this sooner. You're welcome.

Well what if the question is: will I get 30 mpg?

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Ah now ... sure n begorrah.... Of course. Funny that me asking the wrong question. Thank heaven I have the right answer. Makes life that much more simple.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Driving on the trails in national forests gets you a 1000$ fine. Don't ask me how I know.

The trails I refer to are actually FS roads. But many would be hard to pick out as trails let alone roads sometimes.

Are you one of the intoxicated guys my bud saw driving a Ranger on the Appalachian trail a while back?

Sure hope not!

Squatch said:
The trails I refer to are actually FS roads. But many would be hard to pick out as trails let alone roads sometimes.

Are you one of the intoxicated guys my bud saw driving a Ranger on the Appalachian trail a while back?

Sure hope not!
No I have not been driving down trails but a while back the local national forests started really enforcing people who got off of designated roads and made new roads or drove down creek beds. When I was still working several of my coworkers were griping about large fines they got for trail driving type activities. I have actually seen people driving ATVs and dirt bikes down the Ozark Highlands trail which is the type of activity that led to a general crackdown on ATVs in the national forest here. As always the 1% jerk factor rule is active. That rule states that in any large group 1% are jerks and the group tends to be judged based on the 1% of jerks behavior. This rule seems to apply to a lot of situations.

Back
Top Bottom